Yellow Ledbetter

Valicity's POV

I woke up to my annoying and loud alarm signaling that it was time to get up and time to leave for work.

Sigh I need a fucking month off.

I threw the sheets off of my body and got out of bed then proceed to make my bed and open some windows. I grabbed a towel then head into my bathroom. I took a quick shower then brushed my teeth and got out of the bathroom with the towel still wrapped around my body.

I dragged my uniform on and tried running a comb through my hair but that didn't work out so I just threw it up into a messy bun leaving out strands on both sides. I grabbed my bag from the closet packing my charger, my water bottle, my phone just as I was about to go down stairs my phone binged.

I slid my hand in my bag and took my phone out.

" Message from Catherine " I said out loud as I opened the chat.

Good morning lovely, me and Ms. Iris and Nathan are taking over the Cafe today, since it's your Birthday. Happy Birthday babe, have a good one.

Birthday?

Today's my birthday?

I asked myself while checking the date on my phone.

' March 13 '

" Oh Shit I forgot my own birthday " I slapped my forehead. I went back in my room and sat down on the bed.

I dialed Catherine's number and she immediately picked up.

" Happy birthday too you " she sang and a smile came across my face.

" Happy birthday too you " I heard Ms. Iris in the back.

" Happy birthday dear Val " Nathan joined in.

" Happy Birthday too you " they all sang and I teared up.

" Thank you guys so much " I said while wiping my eyes.

" But I have no where to go so I'm coming to work " I said.

" No no no you're staying home, it's your birthday. Plus Ms. Iris made you a cake, Malik's on his way over " Nathan said and I rolled my eyes.

" Are you guys sure you don't want some extra help " I asked.

" Yes we're sure bye " Catherine said and the phone hung up.

This bitch-

I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling and sighed. I got up and put a robe on. Checked my phone, put my headphones on and got back in bed.

30 minutes later

I'm fucking starving.

I got up and stepped out of my room. I was about to walk down the first step when something caught my eye behind me and I turned around.

" Why is Rena's and Tino's door opened? " I asked myself. I stood there for a couple seconds then I closed the doors and went down stairs.

I walked into the kitchen and checked the fridge. I pulled out my ice coffee ingredients and put them on the counter. I found a ham and cheese sandwich from last night and I put it in the microwave. I opened the cabinet looking for my mason jar but it wasn't in there.

Strange.

I went back upstairs and searched my room for a couple minutes and it wasn't in there. I came back down stairs and decided to use Irena's cup. I made my coffee and took my sandwich out of the microwave. I grabbed a stool and sat around the island in the kitchen.