20. -edited

Dez's POV

I wake up, a throbbing pain in my head as my eyes open slowly. My attempt to stretch my arms is useless as the rope tying me to this chair stops me.

I notice this room anywhere. The blood splattered everywhere, the stench of sweat and piss along with the torture devices in the corner of the room. Now my question is, why the fuck am I in the basement?

"What the fuck Valentino?"

"You're the one who gave the advice to lock her in the basement. This will make the whole situation easier, Lina."

The sound of Rosalina stomping away resonates through the silent basement. I look around for Killana and was relieved to find she wasn't there.

I look back to the door to find Blade and Valentino standing there, the small slip of paper from 15 years ago, in val's hold.

"What the fuck am I doing down here"

"You're going to tell us who you really are and who you're working for." I look at Blade in shock as he steps towards me.

"I don't typically like hitting women, but I make an acception for those who betray me. So go ahead and tell us the truth, darling."

"And what makes you think I'm not Dez Santini Ramirez?"

He leaned down to my eye level, we're nose to nose with a moment of tension before Valentino speaks.

"You randomly come back after 15 years, you kill 300+ men by yourself? You don't have your wedding ring on, you have some strange girl with you when you do come back. And let's not forget, we watched you die."

"I killed those people then come back after 15 years of being tortured while your little sister was forced to watch, Valentino. I'm fucking Viper, it wasn't hard to kill all those people when I got my finger near a trigger. I would have done it sooner if I wasn't drugged everyday. And what do you think Budar Volkov did when he saw the marriage ring on my finger? The took that bitch off and made sure I could never find it again."

"What about the think Russian accent?"

"I did not raise an idiot, son. And I know for a fact Blade was smart enough to not raise an idiot either. I was in Russia for 15 years straight, how do you expect me to sound?"

"You're not helping yourself. You just seem like a Russian spy, making excuses. And we can't forget, you refused a DNA test."

"All this over a DNA test? Take the fucking test then, Valentino. I don't fucking care, but stop this madness."

"Too late now 'Dez'." The air quotes he used on my name snapped something in me.

"Read the fucking note you idiotic boy!"

He angrily opens the note, almost ripping it half in 2. His eyes skim over it before his brows furrow in confusion.

"Tell me what this Dutch says then, since you're the one who wrote it, Dessare."

"It says 'I am alive'."

"Prove it."

"Maybe ask your uncle Landon instead of staying up your dad's ass" I spat, venom lacing my tongue.

"Dad, call Landon down here. And a doctor. We're getting a DNA test on her and Killana."

They walk out of the room as I lean my head back and let out a distressed scream before laughing like a maniac. I knew I shouldn't have had fucking kids.

Rosalina's POV

"She's in the fucking basement Kace, how could he lock his mother in the fucking basement. I thought he was fucking smarter than this."

"He's doing the smart thing. That woman, probably isn't his mother. They all saw her die, Rosa. The chances of that actually being his mother is 1 in a million. He's protecting everyone by doing this."

The scream that came from the basement as Blade and Val walked out is terrorizing. And so is the manic laughter. Killana came running after hearing the scream before asking if her mother is OK.

"Should we put her down there too, dad?"

"Oh fuck no, Valentino. I let it slide when you put Rez down there but you are not going to traumatized the innocent 15 year old girl who has nothing to do with your idiotic behavior. I know you call the shots, but I'm not going to allow this shit with the teenage girl."

"Mom's in the basement?!"

The simple nod from Valentino seems to snap something in her.

"Now you look here, Ramirez! She has spent 15 years locked in a basement being beaten. She came here to get away from that and love her son and husband! I'll be damned if I let it happen again. I don't know how much more she can take and I'll fucking kill you if you hurt her."

Everyone's face turned shock as everyone piled in the foyer to see the commotion. Kilana's next words were so calm it's scary and it seemed to flip a switch in Valentino "I guess I was right about you. You've both definitely changed from what mom told me. Now you're both just dumb assholes who can't handle the fact the she's actually back with a daughter. If you would have actually read the note, we wouldn't be in this situation. Fuck you both. I fucking hate you guys."

She turns around and stomps off as Blade turns to punch the wall. "I told you, Valentino. It's all gonna turn back and bite you in the ass. Call the fucking doctor and Landon then let them go and live their life in peace like they deserve. Because clearly you guys can't give them that luxury for once."

I walk to our room before stripping and getting in the shower to relieve my stress.

___________________________________________