Chapter 5

~Clary~

Harry turned to our group. "I'd be happy to help you with your war and with Sebastian. But, I would like to bring two of my friends with me."

Whatever I expected him to say, that was not it. But it makes sense to want to have your friends with you. I certainly would if I was in his position.

"Of course you may, Harry," Maryse said.

Professor Dumbledore ushered us back into his office, conjuring three more chairs - two for Harry's friends and one for himself, as Harry had taken his. The circle expanded to easily incorporate these additions.

He sent another owl out the window, most likely to retrieve Harry Potter's friends. After a few minutes of silence, three hard knocks echoed on the large doors. Harry jumped up to answer it. He let two people in - a bushy haired girl and a red headed boy wearing the same school uniform as all of the other students we'd seen.

The girl immediately wrapped Harry in a hug. Maybe they were together? "We were so worried. What-"

She was cut off by the ginger standing next to her. His British accent seemed very strong as he asked, "Who the bloody hell are you lot?"

She leaned around Harry, eyes narrowed at the circle of chairs behind him. Harry grinned at them. "We've got another adventure." The girl furrowed her eyebrows, but the boy returned Harry's impish grin.

The trio sat in three chairs together, almost synchronized. Harry introduced the newcomers. "This is Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, my best friends. They helped to win the war, destroying evil with me."

They both greeted the group, still confused as to what was happening. Harry then introduced all of us. "They'll explain what's happening later. I just wanted you guys to come, too."

"Of course, mate," Ron answered without hesitation.

Hermione nodded and agreed, "Yeah. But how about a brief explanation?"

Harry paused, summarizing his thoughts. "I've been having dreams of these people. And Clary," he pointed to me, "has been having dreams about us. They think I - we - could help them win the war they're waging against an evil guy named Sebastian. They're called Shadowhunters - half human, half angel - and they draw these tattoos - runes - on themselves for power."

Hermione nodded, though her mouth dropped open in astonishment. Ron just looked dumbfounded.

Dumbledore spoke up from his chair. "I'm assuming that you can leave the same way you got in?"

Maryse nodded and gestured for me to create a Portal. I stood up, walking to a blank wall, well aware of the many eyes following me, and drew my Portal rune. It morphed into a glowing purple Portal, swirling with bright magic. Although my friends had seen me do this a million times, the wizards gaped at me in awe.

"Bloody hell..." Ron mumbled, slumped in his chair.

"Harry," Hermione said quietly, though I could still make out what she was saying. "Are you sure about this?"

"Trust me," he answered. He spoke a bit louder. "They'll explain everything once we get to the... New York Institute?" I nodded.

"The what?" Ron asked.

"Where they live. Sorry. It'll all make sense once we get there."

"How are we supposed to get to wherever 'there' is?" Hermione asked.

Maryse cleared her throat and announced, "Clary is the only Shadowhunter that can create a Portal. There are warlocks who - no, we'll discuss that later. Anyway, a Portal works by taking you anywhere you can visualize. You step through with only that image in your mind, and it will take you there."