4┊WHEN YOU NEED ME

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 I've ever known, Mirium." the boy on the other end paused, "Not smarter than me though."

Although he couldn't see, Mirium rolled her eyes and closed her textbook, "Oh please, your rich boy sciences could never go to war with my street smarts. Have you figured out the train system yet, smartass?"

And although she couldn't see, Mirium knew his eyes just rolled to the back of his head. "Okay first of all, i was like eight—"

"Mmh you were eleven as far as I remember."

"Well clearly your memory is your greatest enemy because I was eight." He argued

"Eleven."

"Eight."

"Eleven and don't talk back."

There was a beat of silence on the other end, "Yes ma'am."

Mitzi chuckled and rolled over in her bed, "Good boy, Harry Osborn. Always doing as told, guess nothing has really changed, huh?"

"10 years of all this, you should know by now, Minnie." The boy teased, Mitzi made a fake gagging noise and threw her head into the nearest pillow.

"I told you to stop calling that, Osborn. It's humiliating." She mumbled into her pillow

Harry's contagious laugh echoed from the line's other end, "Oh c'mon, it's cute! That Halloween costume you wore on the day we met was truly your best work. Minnie the fashionista."

"I'm hanging up now."

"No! No! No! No! Okay, okay I'm done! You win!" He exclaimed loudly, Mitzi smiled in victory but jumped in surprise when her ringtone erupted from the phone suddenly.

Taking the phone away from her ear, Mitzi recognized the contact immediately. "Oh shit...oh fuck!"

"Hello?"

"O-I'm so sorry, Harry but I forgot I actually have something to do for Imane so I gotta go—" Mitzi couldn't stop speaking, which was ironic considering anyone barley ever heard her speak, but when she was with the youngest Osborn it was like the words spilled out before she even had time to think.

It was always different with him around.

"Woah, calm down, Minnie. It's cool, say hi to Imane for me, okay?" He reassured her softly, Mitzi took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay, yeah, yeah. Call me when you can, okay?" She bit her lip, anticipating his answer. Sometimes it was a yes, sometimes it was a maybe or no, but she knew that anytime the boarding school allowed phone calls, Mitzi would be his first call if not for his father.