Chapter seven: Muse talk

Turns out Kokuyo was Matsumatsu one of her best friends online.
And after his initial sulks about Sworn, he turned out to be pretty fun to be around in real life as well. Kathryn was able to get her salary from the job from a rather embarrassed son of Jeffery who apologised profusely for the wrongdoings of his father... He even paid for the venue. And when he heard of Kathryn and Jess's unpleasant experience with him on the way back he almost fainted.

"I am so sorry! I should have kept him in check... I knew he racked up a lot of debt but I didn't know that the people he owed money to would send a bunch of assassins after him! - Is there anything I can do to make this up to you?"

"Well, you already paid for Tamie and Byakuya's old venue and paid for a new place for their date... And offered to help finance the new tracks... I think that's enough. I don't blame you for what happened..." Kathryn awkwardly replied feeling immense pity for the young boy.

"Anyway uh, I owe you a favour - he's my signal if you need it and don't hesitate to ask for anything."

And with that the son - or Alaric as she soon found out his name left.

After that Tamie and Kathryn began their lessons. Pouring first through the basics and then as the week progressed went on to harder subjects.

Kathryn even made it to level five.

"You have a muse, right? Zazie?"

"Yeah... She has four faces though so summoning her may be a bit difficult... But I really want to meet her, in my dreams, she's always been... Weird. Three of her faces I've met are all kind but the last of her faces is Zia... She's..." Kathryn didn't know how to describe her. All three of her other muse-faces were in one way or another - kind. Sworn - the only male face, was fatherly and gave really good advice. Guanxi had long proved her good heart in the fanfiction she was involved with, and Leia was the diplomat... Zia? - She could only be described as a God, cold, yet warm, distant yet so close, cruel yet so kind at the same time. A dragon, a God... One of blood within her world she reigned supreme.

"Is she the one causing chaos in your fanfictions?"

"Yes," Kathryn answered blushing but, then she shuddered. "She comes in there like a roaring dragon..."

"Yeah... She sucks, stick with Sworn and Guanxi." Tamie pulled her tongue out.

"Yeah... They are more potent faces in my stories compared to her, to be honest, so one of them will probably appear." Kathryn mused on. "Leia has been used more recently as well."

"Anyone but Zia!" Tamie sighed, "She has already caused Kokujin to sulk for a week after you killed off his kid that he grew attached to..."

Oh yeah... That was quite a while ago... When she first began writing those fanfictions... Oh boy... Both she and her fanfictions back then were crazy! You never knew what would happen. Every other chapter a new baddie would come in and wreak havoc. It would have been an utter disaster had Guanxi not come over and doused out the flames.

"The kid was revived in the end."

"Yeah after several arguments and debates with Kokuyo!"

"Yeah... Sorry about that."

"That's what you said then Sworn died!"

"I mean I have chilled out - I haven't killed any canon characters for a while."

"Don't remind me of Johanne!"

"However... Kath, the number of faces your muse can have is two... And I think Guanxi and Zia are the most likely one's that are truly you - I can see Guanxi's kind and good heart within you and Zia's stubbornness, bluntness, and ruthlessness as well... One thing that they both have in common is their stubbornness and in the end that same softness. I think it will be either one of those two."