twohundredsixtysix

Zain
calling

Hey, what up?

Nothing new.
Where's the monster at?

Dunno, downstairs.
He's been all over the place since we arrived.

Of course, but he's ok?

He's fine. Are you ok? You haven't been away from him for ages.

I know how to deal without the kid attached to me, Louis.

If you say so.
Harry hasn't called me today, he ok?

They went to Paris, I just texted a bit as well, he's busy getting dragged places by Gems and Pez.

So you're calling me, huh?
Don't I feel appreciated.

How will you feel if I tell you I actually wanted the monster?

Not surprised.
I'll get him in a bit, I'm lazy. I gotta appreciate not being busy, it's very nice.
Two weeks off, can you believe?

No, actually. Still waiting for them to call you in.

Nah, I'll tell them no. They need me to go to the US and if they make me come in before I'll just quit.

You serious?

Kinda, actually.

Hm. I mean, we would manage.

Yea, I know.
I mean, it's kinda cool that I get to travel now but it's starting to be a bit much with Freddie and also a bit short notice.

Yea.

Anyways, different topic.
News on the monster:
Freddie has told my mum that his mummy is the really good at telling people what to do and that he's only bad at listening because of us because being bad at listening is hereditary.

He said that?
How?
Why?

Well, he said something like: Mummy always tells us what to do as well and I always listen only sometimes not and that's not my fault but Daddy and Zain's because it's hereditary.
Did not pronounce it at all correctly, took ages to figure out what he was trying to say.
Mum is super amused now and agrees with him.

Of course.
My monster.

Yea.
How does your monster know what hereditary means? It was definitely not me, I don't think I ever used that word so I blame you.

You know he always ask questions.

Oh boy does he ever.

Yea.
The other day he wanted to know if the baby would look like him. I told him probably not. And then I ended up having to remember everything about genetics I ever learned because he would not stop asking questions.

Poor you.

Yea, yea, piss off.

Back at you.
Oh, I hear him. Wait for it.

Daddy, daddy!

Hey, love.

Daddy, what's prettier: pink or purple? Phoebe says it's purple but pink is prettier, you have to say.

I have to, huh?

Yea. Oh, Zain! You have to say!

Can I not have an opinion on this?

No you have to say! We're asking everyone.

Everyone?

Yea, except Mummy, Mummy doesn't know what the good colours are, he always picks the ugly ones.

Oh, wow, harsh words.

It's true. He always picks yellow and it's not pretty and I tell him but he doesn't listen.
So you say pink as well, yes?

Sure, monster, pink it is.

Daddy?

Yea, I don't care either, you can have pink from me as well.

Cool. Bye.

Can I get a hug before you go?

Daddy I'm busy.
Just quick.

Just quick.
Thanks, monster, have fun.

Bye.

Bye, monster.

Bye bye bye bye.

And he's gone. That's actually the first he stood still today, I miss my cuddle baby.

He'll be back to cuddly before you know it.

Yea, I know.
I should actually help mum with the drama that's about to happen.

Yea that's fine. If he wants to talk before bed, I'll just be watching telly.

Kay. How did the meeting go by the way?

All good, about as expected. Some changes to make, nothing vetoed or anything.

Kay, good.
Kissy kiss, my boo.

Don't be obnoxious.
Have a good time, yea.

Yea, you too.
Don't get lonely.

I'm fine.

Yea, course.

🌱

Zouis interlude cause Harry's busy being dragged around by his sister