What's a home?

Isn't a home where you're meant to feel safe, and protected from all things evil?

Of course, ever since the age of 7, Eren had never felt "safe".

They say if you don't feel safe where you live, then you are practically homeless, but Eren didn't want to have that label placed upon him. So he took his Dad's violence and neglect just as rough housing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't really... Want to go..." Eren mumbled nervously, wrapping his arms around Levi and holding tightly on his back. "You can always come to my place, we can forget about it and have a good time." Levi gestured. Levi lived alone, and suffered with the occasional visit from Hanji to check up on him. "If you wouldn't mind..." Eren's big eyes looked innocent as he lifted his head and held gaze into Levi's eyes. "I would like to go with you." Levi smirked, taking the boy off him, and grabbing his hand. They walked rather fast because it was getting darker by the second.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at Levi's house, Eren took off his trainers, without being asked. "So you're a trained kid?" Levi chuckled, taking his shoes and coat off, then taking Eren's and hanging it up. "Um... Not really. I just know of good manners." Eren's nervous side was showing, and he was trying his hardest to prevent it. "Heh heh, got a point." Levi grunted, sitting down on his polished black leather sofa, patting down on the seat beside him wanting Eren to come sit down. "Oh, right." Eren mumbled, shifting himself along and slouching down.

"Tired?" Levi questioned, turning to face the younger boy who was dropping into a deep sleep on his sofa. "Yeah..." Eren whispered, rubbing at his eyes a little. Levi couldn't help but notice how adorable this kid was. "Wanna go to sleep here?" Levi asked, he hoped Eren would say yes. "Erm... Yes, please..." Eren said, squinting his eyes in an attempt to open them, soon after he fell asleep beside Levi.

Picking him up, Levi took him to his bed and undressed him, putting him on the empty side, just in his boxers. Then, he also stripped himself down and got in bed.

Soon also falling asleep.