After School

Armin and his friend walked down the empty street together. It was one of the hottest days of the year and they could feel the heat. Armin had put his blazer and tie in his bag, and unbottoned the two top buttons of his shirt. His friend had done the same, but also brushed his fringe back. The two walked silently together to get to the café, mostly acknowledging the nature that seemed like it was in High Definiton because of how the sun shined brightly perfectly onto it.

"Here we are!" Armin said, looking up at his slightly taller, chestnut haired friend. "Alright. Let's go in." He replied with a smile. When they got in, Armin sat at his usual table, and his friend sat opposite him, looking around. "It's relaxing in here, huh?" Armin grinned, putting down his bag. "Heh, yeah. I'm just happy they've got air conditioning." The boy smirked back, laughing after with Armin.

Levi was working the waiter and cook shift today because Hanji had decided to take a break with her boyfriend Mike and go to some hot island abroad, even though the café was busier than a shopping center in New York. Levi sluggishly walked over to their table with a notepad and pen. "Hey, Armin. Can I take yo-" Levi was interrupted by his own mind. "Who is that guy? Armin's friend? Look at his complexion, damn." He thought. Damn indeed. This boy had an inborn tan, no sunbeds or sunbathing needed, and he was lucky indeed. "Wh-who's your friend?" "Oh, heh heh! This is Eren!" The brunette looked up from the book he was indulged in, making a confused noise and taking off his black rimmed glasses. "... Hm?" He mumbled, expressionless. "Hm? What does that mean? Can I get a hello?" Levi asked. Eren wasn't aware he was the owner of the store and he quite frankly didn't care. "Oh... Excuse me... Hello." He replied, staring him up and down with just his eyes.

Those eyes, the mardy look on his face, the glossy black hair...

"Nice apron." Eren jokingly said, returning to his book. "Ah, thanks." Levi smirked. Eren totally knew how to break the ice.

"Well anyway... Please can we have some of those cookies you were telling me about? They sounded yummy." "Oh yeah, the cookies. I haven't even put them on display, whoops. Sure you can have some. How many?" "Um, 10 please! And can we have two glasses of apple juice?" "Sure, but I can't be bothered to come and bring them, so I'll leave them on the counter. Someone will have to get them, and bring the money." Levi finished writing the order, nodded, and walked away.

"That's the 'creepy Ravioli boy' everyone's been talking about?" Eren questioned, putting his book away. "Yeah, they say it's his aura." Armin replied, looking down and playing with his hands. "I don't see what they mean. Ah, well." "Yeah, maybe people just get on his bad side too fast. I mean, it doesn't take a lot." "Really?" "Yeah..." Armin got closer to Eren. "This one time, some man got angry over his sandwich... I can't remember why... But Levi got really angry and he ended up getting into a full fight with the man." "Did he win?" "Yeah! I saw it all! He was amazing." "Hah, I kinda see what people mean, like, his face is so grumpy." Eren laughed. "Haha! Yeah it is!"

"It reminds me of grumpy cat... Y'know, the stupid internet meme?"