CHAPTER 3

“Joo Hwan, where’s Hyunjin?” The main choreographer asked the manager when the boy failed to show up on time. Again.

Joo Hwan looked up from his phone — through which he was blasting messages to Hyunjin’s phone — nervously, “He’ll be here soon; just, five minutes.”

The man nodded and went back to warming up for the routine. Joo Hwan let out a scream internally, cursing himself for falling for the boy’s puppy eyes. FUCKING HWANG HYUNJIN WHERE ARE YOU?!

***

“Look, miss, I did not try to steal your dog. I was merely helping it get out of here.” Hyunjin explained himself for the nth time but the girl in front of him only glared at him.

“I do not want to hear lame excuses! Come on, let’s go to the police station.”

“I swear to God- Listen Miss, I really don't have the time to mess around right now. If you would just let me go-”

“Didn’t I tell you I don't want to hear excuses?! Why would anyone carry a dog who is completely fine with walking, if it isn't to steal it. Mister, you might be good looking as hell, but I can know a dog thief when I see one!”

Hyunjin gritted his teeth and sighed exasperatedly. His half an hour was almost up, and his manager would shit himself if he didn't show up on time for practice.

Calm down, Hwang Hyunjin, you can't lose your temper. You are a celebrity; you have a career. Calm down. Breathe.

After gaining his composure, he looked at the smaller girl before him, “Okay, look, I don't know how I can make you believe me, but I’ll compensate you. I can’t give you money, but is an autograph enough?”

The girl stared at him unblinkingly, before her face turned into one of pure disgust, “What kind of crazy-”

“Crazy?!” Hyunjin was shocked. “How dare you call me crazy?!”

“What else am I supposed to call you?! Autograph? What would i do with it?!”

Hyunjin blinked with pure shock. Which rock is this person living under?

"Are you telling me you don't know who I am?”

“Of course I don't know who you are! Fucking dog thief, trying to get away?”

It took everything for Hyunjin to not scream. How the fuck does this person not know him? How does anyone in Seoul- no, Korea, not know the Hwang Hyunjin?!

Before he could say anything, his phone rang loudly. He didn't have to look to know it was his manager (what with all the messages that made his phone vibrate every second). He picked it up and placed it near his ear,

“HWANG HYUNJIN WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME LOSE MY JOB?!”

Hyunjin winced and kept the phone at an arm's length before replying, “Sorry, Hyung, i'm coming. Will be there in five.”

“BE QUICK!”

With that, Joo Hwan hung up the phone, and the boy heaved a sigh. He then turned to the girl, “You heard it, I have to go. Sorry tiny, but I'm taking my leave. Oh, also- the dog is way friendlier than you.”

Without waiting for a reply, Hyunjin sprinted towards the entrance, leaving behind the gaping girl.

Tiny shit.

***

Ren, you prepared for the audition?

Soojin’s note snapped Hana out of her dream world, and she quickly scribbled back a reply,

Not really. Do I HAVE to go :/

The piece of paper soon returned with the answer.

Of course! It’s JYP we’re talking about Ren! You can’t miss this opportunity. Even if you don’t get in, it would be a fun experience. Not to mention, you can also see many good-looking people. XD What if you meet a celebrity? o.O

Istg-

“Do Hana!” The teacher yelled, startling the girl.

“Yes ma’am!” She sprang up from her place.

“What’s the answer to this question?” The haughty looking woman asked, pointing at the board. Hana broke into cold sweat as the numbers and letters written on the blackboard quite literally flew across her eyes.

“Come on! Make it fast!” The maths teacher pushed.

“I- I don’t know, ma’am”. The girl replied honestly. “If you paid attention to class instead of passing around notes, you would know! And that goes for you too, Seo Soojin!” The teacher turned to Soojin, who looked down quickly. “Now, sit down!” And Hana did, rolling her eyes without the teacher noticing.

Fuck this school!

***

Jeong Ji hoon sat behind his computer, his eyes scanning through the various unopened emails in his inbox. With his secretary on maternity leave and no one to fill her position, the CEO of AD Studios was having a tough time being organised.

Ji hoon rubbed the space between his eyes and went to Youtube to take a break. He scrolled through his recommendations bored, a hand supporting his chin, until a video caught his attention.

“Criminal, Taemin… Dance cover by Ren…” He brought his cursor on the thumbnail before clicking it.

To say Ji hoon was stunned would be an understatement. His eyes widened as he replayed the video, this time watching carefully at every single movement the masked person was doing.

The moves were fluid, and though the dancer’s face was covered with a mask and a hat, the way he moved seemed to be full of expressions. Sure there were a few flaws that needed to be polished, but they were visible only to trained eyes — otherwise, the cover was perfect, completely embodying Taemin who was known for his sensuality when it came to performance.

Ji hoon immediately went to the channel and spent the next few hours watching covers and even original choreographies of Ren. When he was done watching the last video, his eyes shone with excitement. The man instantly called his friend,

“Gahee! Come to my office, quick! I have something to show you.”

***

A/N:

Let's pretend that Miya's face is covered 🤡