CHAPTER 8

"Sooji! What should I do?" Hana whined into the phone.

The girl had gotten her response that evening. She expected a big fat rejection but was surprised to see that they wanted to work with her. Not just that, Hana also received an email from AD Studios — Hyunjin's company.

After meeting the guy at the auditions, Hana got curious and googled him. To say she was intimidated would be an understatement. This man was only twenty and had already achieved so many things. All his videos had more than fifty million views which was unimaginable for Hana. He had received so many awards and had even been congratulated by the President for his work.

By the time she had finished her research, Hana too began to wonder which rock she was living under. But along with admiration, a seed of competitiveness was sown in her heart. If he can do it, why can't I? After all, their techniques and style were more or less similar to each other. And if she was being honest, she was also better than him in some terms too.

Motivated, Hana had sat in front of her computer in search of a song she could choreograph when two notifications on her email popped up.

And now, she was on call with Soojin trying to decide what to do.

"Isn't the answer obvious? You don't want to become an idol."

"That's true. But I don't know if joining a company will do me good." Hana replied doubtfully.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, first of all, they have their own rules and timings. I have to go to school 'cause there's no way Mom's going to let me drop out. But most importantly, they know me as Ren, not Hana. What if they get pissed that I lied to them?

"Weren't you the one who said you'll go all surprise surprise on them?"

"I said that because I didn't expect they would select me!"

"You know what? Let's go to Yoongi Oppa tomorrow. He'll be able to help you."

***

"Why are you here again?!"

"Wow, what a warm welcome," Hana rolled her eyes, "I need help."

"This is not the therapist's office, Do Hana." Yoongi said lazily.

The girl huffed before walking towards the man who sat on one of the chairs. There weren't any customers, and Yoongi was enjoying his little me-time when it was so harshly interrupted by a loud nineteen-year-old and her quiet and nicer friend.

"Oppa, I'm serious."

"Alright, what do you want?" The man gave up.

"Well, remember the audition I said I was going to?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"They want to meet me; and not just JYP Entertainment but also AD Studios."

"Hold on- what's AD Studios?"

"It's a company that manages dancers." Soojin replied, "the CEO was an idol under JYP Entertainment for a while. But then he realised singing wasn't really his thing, so he decided to begin a company that specialises in creating artists who solely want to dance-" She looked at the two who were gaping at her, "What?"

"Nothing..." Hana stated, "just surprised at how obsessed you are."

"Girl I-"

"Alright! Alright!" Yoongi cut in. Even though he was tempted to watch a fight, he just didn't have the energy. "Thank you for the insight, Soojin. Now, what do you want me to do about this?"