Chapter8 - Stuck In My Own Mind

When I wake up, I am no longer in the same place from when I got shot. In fact, this place is extremely unusual. It is dark and the only form of light represents the northern lights. But there's nowhere on the Moors that has views of that phenomenon. Where on earth am I? Then, a red fox appears in front of me. "Who are you?" I ask him. "Why don't you remember? You saved me not long before you got hurt." "But how come your tail is not in the form of the northern lights but the sky above is? Also where am I?" "You are in your own mind y/n. This is the place where you make life's next big decision." "What big decision? Also are you basically my spirit guide type of thing?" "Something like that. I'll leave you to ponder your mind and for you to make your decision." "Wait! What decision?"

The red fox is already gone so I get no response. But the big question now is, why am I trapped in my own mind? Am I in some sort of a coma? I need to figure out how to get back to the real world quickly. Maybe I need to ponder what would or should I say, could happen if I decided to permanently stay. I only originally thought I was going to stay until the whole situation with the gun was resolved but now after Maleficent saving my life and her reaction to be being shot, I don't know if I would even want to leave her now. And there is one thing everyone got wrong, as insane as she can be, she is definitely not a villain. She is on the side of good.

I ponder more on the sort of things that could happen if I decided to go back and stay with Maleficent as my mother. I could meet 'my own kind' whatever that might mean. And she said something when I first arrived about possibly getting my wings back? If that happened, I could learn to fly like her. And another thing, a thing I have been thinking about since I have arrived. I wouldn't be alone in the Moors. Sure, there'd be a few things I'd have to adapt to like no wi-fi or electronic devices, but I am sure I'll be too busy to even notice.

Another reason to go back... I have to carry my end of the deal with Jax and find him a girl. He's a nice good-looking guy so I don't see why it would be a problem. He's just nervous around girls, especially ones that try to flirt with him. Which is odd though, because he's not nervous around me. Maybe if he's up for it, I can bring him here and he can find a girl here.

There actually seems to be a lot more advantages to staying with Maleficent in the Moors than either staying alone in my apartment to finish my degree or remaining in my coma forever or worse... dying. One thing's for sure, I'd definitely like to get to know Aurora more. It might be nice to have a sister. Even if she is technically my stepsister anyway, it doesn't matter to me and hopefully not her.

After considering all of these options, I think I have made up my mind. But as soon as I did, the red fox appeared again. "You have come to a decision?" He asks. "Yes. Yes, I have." "Then walk towards the northern lights. They'll take you where you wish to be." I nod my head at the fox and begin to walk in the direction of the northern lights which oddly seem to be getting closer and closer. Eventually, they are right in front of me, and they are very bright. I guess that's the thing about being stuck in your own mind, you don't actually know where you will end up but I am about to find out. 

Ending this one here. Sorry the last two chapters are so short. They just didn't need to be long. Anyway, let me know what you thought and don't forget to VOTE! :)