Chapter 11

FOR THOSE fuckers to snipe from more than three kilometers, they were either from the army or they are trained by one

FOR THOSE fuckers to snipe from more than three kilometers, they were either from the army or they are trained by one. Several mobsters were a soldier and trained their men themselves.

That tactic though does not ensure a hundred percent loyalty, but it works. Some maybe are starting from scratch but it works for many.

There are infamous mafias, kingpins, cartels, and all that shit around the globe that are successful because of this type of leadership.

It is plausible that the enemy is one of those groups.

Lorik and the guild are still working on who took the shot.

They are tracing the bullets and have a hunch it's from the government. Either it's from them or the guns were stolen.

We even had the thoughts that some outlaw bikers might be responsible because of some veteran members.

Fuck this, we're just suspecting everyone. It's so hard to narrow everything down with what we have.

Chambers' blank and dead stare haunted me for a while. It shouldn't because it is not the first time I saw a comrade die but it did.

It will never leave someone.

The shot was not exactly in the middle of his forehead but it definitely brought a message. It is fucking almost impossible to have a headshot in that distance. Even if they were really good, it is so fortunate they did that.

Aiming our torsos won't do as well if they wanted to kill us in one shot because we're wearing body armor.

Tarantula Hawks were not rats. Never will be. If the enemies mess with the people who hired us, we will never stop until they are all dead meats or not a threat to us.

That's why the guild will not agree if the one who will hire us is a pussy or can't afford our services because it would just backfire on us.

What's a mercenary heart for? To the highest bidder. Settling for less is not a choice. It's either the best or nothing.

Lorik can certainly pay us every single penny but chose not to. The soldiers wanted to fuck the slaves anyway.

All of us remained more vigilant since the sniper attack, having minimal leads.

The locations where the sniper teams were discovered. Other soldiers have gone through this place and looked for evidence or anything we can get to know our enemy.

When they came here, they are already aware of the booby traps but still, some of the mercs were injured because of it. The traps they created do not only mean to injure but to kill.

Our soldiers removed some of the booby traps for other members to investigate freely but we are all still careful.

I wanted to see the location to look at different angles. Coleridge and Forsberg volunteered to come with me in case of any encounter.