十八 : not just a dream

"oh my god, she's awake! she's not dead!" heeseung exclaimed after sneezing into jaeyun's sleeve

"oh my god, she's awake! she's not dead!" heeseung exclaimed after sneezing into jaeyun's sleeve. after hearing that, sunghoon rushed into the room you were in, leaving riki in the living room with mrs lee. there was an awkward silence between the both of them. mrs lee couldn't ask riki anything since he wouldn't be able to answer.

you held your hand close to your head, not being able to see much. you couldn't identify the things around your room. "are you okay?" sunghoon asked, stroking your cheek with his cold thumb. you didn't answer, but you groaned. there was something wrong with your left leg, it was hurting more than usual.

you let out a faint shriek, which had concerned sunghoon even more. there were evident beads of sweat on his forehead, well.. he was running to fetch heeseung and the others earlier, so for him, it was fine. as long as it was something about you, it was okay.

"why does my leg hurt so much?" you asked, immediately sitting up. heeseung looked at your left leg, gasping at the sight of a lump on your shin. your held your hand against the lump softly, just attempting to touch it. "it feels so.. tender."

jaeyun covered his mouth with his hand before looking away, walking out of the room. "i-i better go see what's going on with jaeyun.." heeseung said before following jaeyun. meanwhile, jungwon walked in with jongseong. heeseung had asked them to come to see you, well, not jongseong. he had no idea why the prince was there.

"isn't that prince jongseong?" heeseung whispered in jaeyun's ears. the younger nodded while staring at the prince, "i wonder why he's here." jaeyun said, earning a rapid nod from heeseung. "and why is he holding jungwon's hand?" they were so invested in such nonsense.

the both of them were too busy whispering to each other to even notice how you were crying. "it hurts! stop, stop, stop!" you hissed in tears, trying to push sunghoon away from the lump. "i just want to touch it, doll. please stay still." sunghoon pleaded as his hand got closer to your calf, his skin almost touching yours when suddenly, you kicked him away.

"ah.." sunghoon groaned, trying to massage his arm that had hit the wall hardly. there was no hint of guilt in your widened eyes. your body was sitting in the corner of the room. you wanted to hide behind the curtain, but it was too short, although you weren't tall. suddenly, when sunghoon was standing up, he was pushed to the floor when sunoo rushed into the room through the door.

"ah!" sunghoon yelled, his bottom suddenly hitting the floor. what kind of bad luck did he have? well, it must've held a grudge against him. "y/n, how are you?" sunoo asked, kneeling down in front of you with teary eyes. there was no where else for you to hide in sunghoon's room, but you still backed away from sunoo.

you covered your ears with your hands, not wanting to look at sunoo. you finally remembered, you could recall everything that happened that night. sunoo, riki and the car crash. that was why they looked so familiar, that was why they could recognise you even when you didn't have the slightest clue about them.

"get up." jongseong said to sunghoon, holding out his hand. sunghoon hesitated to put his hand in the prince's, but still did in the end. "t-thank you, your majesty." sunghoon said before looking away. "please get away from me, sunoo. i don't want to see you anymore." you said plainly, still avoiding sunoo's worried eyes.

when sunoo still tried to talk to you, jungwon's patience had ran out. "didn't you hear her?!" he yelled, pushing sunoo away from you. "she said that she doesn't want to see you!" jungwon held you up, remaining that tight grip on you. still trembling, you leaned your body closer to his, attempting to stand up although it was hard.

"why?!" sunoo screamed.

"why can't i talk to her?!"

jungwon scoffed, "you know yourself better than i do, you should know what you have done to y/n and riki!" jungwon screamed back. "no! you should feel the same, shouldn't you?!" sunoo yelled even louder. "i know you, yang jungwon. don't act as if you don't know anything, so why don't you act the same, huh?"

with an evident hint of guilt in his eyes, jungwon walked closer to sunoo, holding him by the collar. "then leave. you'll never stop harming her to satisfy your selfish needs. you're too self centred, murderer." jungwon said before pushing sunoo to the ground again, walking out of the cottage with teary eyes.

sunghoon held his tears in. that wasn't what their friendship was supposed to be. it wasn't supposed to be so horrible, how could it be so.. imperfect? face it, kim sunoo. you were always like that, you'll never change. sunoo wiped his tears with his hand, sobbing harshly as he stormed out of sunghoon's home.

he had purposely bumped his shoulder into yours. sunghoon's arms were wrapped around your waist, holding onto you like how he would've held onto your past existence. you weren't the same, and it didn't matter if you remembered the car crash or not. he wouldn't trade the old lee y/n for anything. you were his only treasure.

your eyes glistened, sobbing with mixed emotions.

what to do now, hmm? is it time to pick up the pieces or just leave? you were going to lose sunghoon soon anyways, so what else was there to hold onto? thinking about that, you suddenly tried to escape from sunghoon's embrace. "why, what's wrong, darling?" he asked when you were moving away.

"you should focus on your wedding with princess hyeyeon, shouldn't you?" you said quietly, looking down. sunghoon shook his head, cupping your face with his hands. "love, don't say that. i just want to focus on you before i can't." hearing everything the both of you were talking about, jongseong, who was still in the room, turned his head to the both of you.

"you're the one who's getting married to my sister?"