22; envy

I made the executive decision to cut back on electricity usage and rations. Causing an uproar.

"Alora!" Laura rushed in and looked at me. I was sitting with my eyes trained on the window. "They're coming up the stairs."

"Walkers?" Eugene looked frightened.

"The workers." Laura held back an eye roll.

"Just like Eugene and Dwight said, we need to keep the workers and Soldiers on the same page." I stood up and rolled my shoulders. I looked at Simon. "We are all on the same page, right?"

"Yes." Simon kept his eyes on me. I raised my head kept my pride.

"Now is not the time to have a hierarchy discussion. As far as the workers are concerned, the Negan is alive. We're going to keep moral high and our heads too." I sighed as I looked around the room they all nodded in agreement. "Who are we?"

"Negan." They all responded with forced blankness in their eyes. I smiled bright and nodded.

"Then let's show the workers that we are a untied front, we get them back on their level, if we have to force physical violence then they're not loyal." I held my smile as I pulled open the door to the main hallway.

"Workers are designated to stay on the ground level. Specifically, their activity is constrained to the factory floor and the outdoor gardens." Simon spoke loudly, to the hundreds of workers surrounding us. I held my head high as I smiled at a woman.

"The situation is being ratified as we speak, but we can't think if we're handling this." I spoke loudly. Commotion happened, everyone started screaming about returning to the factory floor. Simon said something quick,
the next thing I knew Regina shot someone. I quickly tackled her to the ground and took her gun. "The fuck!"

"Get off me!" She yelled as she tried to throw me off. I gave her a solid punch and stood up.

"That's enough, you are done. You will learn to handle yourself or you'll go back to your previous position as a a worker." I huffed and glared down at her. She pulled herself to her feet. Watching as I stuck the gun in my jeans. I looked to see Negan and Gabriel standing together at the end of the hall. I smiled as I took a knee, I knew he'd come out alive. There wasn't any second guessing that.

"Ah, Regina. Now, why'd you have to go and do that? I am guessing that a lot of you fine folks thought I was dead, chewed up, never to be crapped out again. Well, here's a little refresher on who the hell I am. I wear a leather jacket, I have Lucille, and my nutsack is made of steel." Negan laughed. "I am not dying until I am damn good and ready. Now, if you'll all excuse me, I am in deep need of a sandwich, a shower, and some of that, Alora's good ol' company.  Hell, I might do it all at once. But after that, we have some serious business to attend to. Like talking to my right-hand man. You see, we got to figure out how all this could've happened like it happened. And then... Well, and then we're gonna get back doing what we have always done. We will save people." Negan stood straight.

"Thank you, Negan." A woman yelled.

"Thank god for you." A man spoke loudly. I smiled bright and stood up, pushing my way through the people to get to Negan and Gabriel, but mostly Negan.

"And that is why I am here. Gentlemen, gently take him to number 2 . Gently." Negan smiled at me and nodded for me to follow. I didn't hesitate to follow him, I looked back at Gabriel briefly before rushing to follow Negan to his room.

"As of right now, the two kids you met the other day are in there. I had to find somewhere to keep them safe." I spoke clearly as I followed Negan up the steps, keeping my distance. He was covered in Walker guts, I did not want that on my skin.

"That's fine, darlin'." Negan smiled as he opened the door. I smiled and followed him inside. He tossed his jacket into a pile of dirty clothes, I took it upon myself to wrap it up and put it in a basket.

"Alora, is everything alright?" Reese watched Negan as he grabbed a rag and wet it down.

"Everything fine, take this and get it washed, take your sister." I smiled at the boy. He nodded and took the basket. Star following behind him.

"Alora, will you join me for a shower?" Negan smirked, I huffed and hugged him from behind. "Hey."

"You're a dick. You know that?" I let out a sigh as I nuzzled my head into his back. Negan smiled gently and chuckled, spinning around in my arms. "I knew you weren't dead, but the thought of you-"

"Hey, when I die, I'm not going to turn into one of those things." Negan cupped my cheek and looked me in the eye. "I promise."

"Okay." I smiled and pulled back with a nod. I lifted my head up and kissed Negan on the cheek. He quickly pressed a kiss to my jaw, then my neck. "Negan..." I breathed out.

"I need a shower." Negan mumbled as he continued to kiss down my neck. I felt him push me against the counter.

"If you keep touching me like this, you're not going to be able to." I laughed gently as his hand gently moved up my shirt. I let out a soft moan. "Fuck, nope. No, not happening. Go shower."

"Okay, I'm going." Negan laid a final kiss on my lips before walking away to go shower.

Jesus, fucking christ. What the hell am I doing?