Lies

Think.

Think.

Think.

Regina stammers for some seconds, sweat covers her temple, her heartbeat is escalating every second that passes as her eyes drift nowhere but on the King. 

''I am at my lady's days,'' she starts still stammering, her voice unstable as she continues, ''I stained the sheets because it was supposed to start tomorrow but it came a little early and I wasn't prepared.''

Please believe this ....Please...

Leopold frowns a little. Now calmer than before, he asks with a softer voice. ''But why did you hide them under you bed?''

''I just didn't want the maids to see them dirty. I'm sorry,'' she apologizes and she thinks she looks pretty much like a child who acted mischievously and apologized to her father. And if someone considered of Leopold's age, yes he looks like her father. 

Leopold chuckles and drops the sheets on the bed. ''You are silly, wife,'' he mocks while laughing and Regina wants to slap his face at that second, but on the other hand, she thinks that he deserves that, lying to him like this.  

''That's what maids are for, Regina,'' he says before he turns his back and starts walking towards the door. Regina lets out a long breath of relief that she didn't even realize she was holding and she waits until Leopold opens the door and leaves.

After a few seconds, Robin rushes inside the room with a gaze full of agony as he walks towards the bed that Regina is sitting on.  

''It's okay,'' she says when she sees the concern in his eyes and approaches him slowly. Her hands come forward and she wraps them around his waist as he locks his own around her shoulders, holding her close. Regina feels his heartbeat returning to normal before burying her head on the crook of his neck, breathing him in as Robin lifts a hand to caress her back, fingers threating through her dark tresses, offering her comfort. 

''What did he say?'' he asks after a while, pulling her back while his thumbs caress her cheekbones before he puts a strand behind her ear. 

''He saw the sheets but I found an excuse. I told him I am at my lady's days.'' 

''Thank god,'' he breathes while pulling her close again. ''Are you feeling alright?'' 

''Yes,'' she says as her palms squeeze him closer as she remembers what Leopold said. ''It's what you have to do, Regina.''

As this thought washes through her mind, she pulls back in a sudden and crushes her lips to his, making Robin gasp from surprise. He pulls back after a second. ''What is it?'' He asks concerned.

''Make love to me again,'' she says in a husky voice as she starts taking a few steps back towards the bed, her hands still are wrapped around his waist as she takes him with her. 

''Regina, is something wrong?''  

But she doesn't want to talk. She wants him again. She wants to feel loved, cherished and pleased. She wants to feel him and only him as much as she can now. Because she is going to spend the worst night of her life in a few says. 

Without talking, Regina takes her dress off in steady movements and in a few seconds she is naked in front of him. Robin licks his lips at her sight, jaw drops and mouth stays hanging open as he drinks her in.  

She makes a bold move and lays down on the bed with legs widen open and Robin feels his pants tighten within seconds. 

''Robin, take me,'' she breathes and her hands caress her body, palms squeeze her breasts before making their way lower and she gaps at her own touch. She doesn't even know why she is doing this, she can't think of anything else than him now and she is sure she will take what she wants because she sees Robin getting rid of his uniform within seconds. 

Her fingers slip between her legs and before she can make another move, Robin is on top of her, his hands are everywhere on her and she smiles as he makes his way down to her neck  and starts sucking and licking her pulse point as he slowly goes lower and lower. 

They spend all night by making love, discovering and cherishing each other’s body as Regina tries to gather courage for what is about to happen in a few days.

The following days pass quietly and lovingly. Regina spends most of her time with Robin, flirting or making love at nights,  exchanging kisses like teenagers (and honestly? She is not much older than a teenager). She actually doesn't know why, but this man makes her feel like she is the happiest person in the world. Like there is nothing that can harm her out there and she is grateful she has him but she has to avoid him tonight. She has to find an excuse to spend the night alone. 

Truth to be told, she won't be alone because Leopold ordered her when they were taking their breakfast that he would come in her bedchambers tonight. She returned in her room and cried there for some moments. Robin appeared after a while and she didn't tell him anything. Because she knew how he would react. She knew that he could do anything in his power to stop this and she didn't want him to risk his life again for her. 

So, for once she lied, that she was okay and just snuggled with him in her bed. 

Now that the night came, she has to lie again. She has to find something that could have him leave without being hurt or feel that she doesn't want him. Because god knows how much she does want him, how much she loves him. Because, yes she does.  That's why she is going to hide this from him, she will protect him from the pain he would feel if he knew what Leopold is going to do to her. 

''John, I need to talk to you,'' she whispers as she approaches Robin's best friend who is guarding outside tonight.  

''Your majesty.'' 

''John, we are alone, you don't need to call me that,'' she points softly. 

John smiles truthfully and nods at the woman in front of him.  

''I need to you to switch your place with Robin tonight. I don't want him to be outside of my room.'' John frowns and he is about to ask why but Regina continues, still whispering. ''Leopold will come,'' she says and looks down on the floor. She can't see his eyes, ashamed of the pity she is sure he will feel for her. 

''I just don't want him to know, I don't want him to risk anything again....'' she says before pressing her lips together and looks up.  

John takes a deep breath as he thinks. ''Regina, he will kill me if he finds out, I can't lie to him.''

''I'm doing this for him,'' she says a little louder. ''You have to understand that it’s a risk, for him, for me, for all of us. I don't want him to put his life in danger because of me again. Neither have I wanted him to feel pain for what will happen. Please,'' she begs after she explains and she sees him nodding to her. ''I understand,'' he says after a while. 

''Thank you for everything.'' 

She takes a step forward, squeezes his hand as he nods to her again before she turns around and leaves for her room. 

She needs some time alone before she endures this.