Chapter 3

Y/N looked around, watching as his classmates and schoolmates left hand-in-hand with their parents. He gripped the straps of his backpack, keeping a lookout for the couple that had taken him in. Just then, he caught a glimpse of them in the distance. They caught his gaze and began waving.

A big smile tugged at his lips, waving back at them. When they got close enough, he began running toward them. They easily caught him in their arms.

"Hey," (M/R) said, pulling away from the hug slightly. "How was your first day?"

"Good," he replied.

(F/R) showed him a grin before he and his wife each took one of his hands in theirs and began to walk away from the school. Once home, Y/N tossed his backpack onto his bed. (M/R) stepped in soon after and suggested taking a bath, to which he agreed. 

"Dad's cooking up a meal to celebrate your first day," she said with a smile. "Do you want some help or do you think you can manage?"

Y/N shook his head. "I can do it."

She reached out and ruffled his hair. "Alright. We'll be waiting for you in the kitchen then, okay?"

While he bathed, (F/R) was busy cooking up the feast (M/R) mentioned in the kitchen. "Hun, are you sure so much food is necessary?"

"Today's a day worth celebrating," he responded with enthusiasm, "So, I figured I'd make his favorite foods!"

After dinner, Y/N had gone to his room to pay for a little while. Eventually, though, his imagination wasn't enough to keep him entertained. He set down the toy car he had been playing with and got up from his spot on the floor. 

He stepped out of his room and walked toward the back door, which had been left slightly ajar. The silence was cut off when he heard (M/R)'s voice. He turned around and saw her walking toward him from the kitchen.

"Got tired of being in your room?"

He nodded. She then walked toward the back door, opening it more. "I had opened the door to let some fresh air in, but it looks like a nice night out."

She motioned him over, taking hold of his hand and leading him outside. They found a good spot to sit down and got comfortable. His gaze went from the flowers that surrounded them to the starry night sky. (M/R) also looked up, following his gaze.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah..." he answered, his eyes looking over the millions of small dots in the sky.

"You know, there are shapes in the sky if you connect the stars," she said, then laid back on the grass.

Y/N did the same and looked to where she pointed. She began connecting random stars together with her finger. "See the fish?"

He laughed, his eyes shining with curiosity. "Yeah...! I see a butterfly too...!"

(M/R) gasped in excitement. "Where...?!"

When Y/N showed her, she smiled widely. "It's a beautiful butterfly."

Their small fun was interrupted by (F/R), who had heard them when he passed by. "I was wondering where you two had wandered off to."

(M/R) waved him over and urged him to lay down beside them. "Look, (F/R), Y/N found a butterfly. Show him, Y/N."

The boy lifted his hand and showed (F/R) where it was. "Oh. I see it now."

"(M/R) found a fish."

"Interesting," (F/R) replied with a grin before beginning to find his own shape.