Chapter 2

The first day of school was over!! Annie couldn't be happier with the way it went. She did truly find her place in the town a year ago she wanted to escape. She was walking out of the school with her friends when Ty's friend Gabe waved her over. Curious she went to him. 

"Hey, what going on?" Annie asked Gabe.

"Hey, I was just heading over to the Townsends house, wanna come with?" Gabe question.

Annie contemplated for a second, she did not want to run into Ty, especially since CeCe and he are a couple (or so she thought) but on the other hand, she hadn't seen Kyle and Katy for Lord knows how long.

"Yeah actually, can you give me a minute though?" Annie replied.

"Yup sure, meet me in the school parking lot," Gabe said. Annie nodded her head and went back to her friends who were waiting for her. She told them where she was going before texting her mom to let her know too.

As she was walking to the parking lot, she was thinking about how much she missed Jackson and then suddenly she saw Ty. He was right next to Gabe and they were talking.                                  

Oh my gosh, HE cannot be here, what is wrong with you're going to HIS house with HIS friend. Okay, this is fine, you can do this, he is just Tyler Townsend, your childhood best friend, not your forever crush. This is fine, STAY CALM

Annie reached the green, Chevy pickup truck. Gabe said, "Hey jump in."  Annie smiled and said, "Yup, can we stop by the store, I won't take long?" "Oh yeah no problem, actually we'll leave right now" Gabe smiled back to her. Annie closed the car door and went on her phone

"Dude why is Annie in your car?" Ty asked a little ticked off. 

"Whoaa, cool it, loverboy." "She's coming with me to your house," Gabe responded

"Wait, why?"

"Because of Kyle," Gabe said and then he asked Ty if he was feeling okay.

"Okay bro, we're taking off now, see you soon," Gabe said and hopped into his car with Annie

They left Ty standing in the parking lot, all alone, he was thinking about how to fix things with Annie, here at least he knew where he went wrong. First, he liked her very very much and never told her, second, he was always horrible to Jackson, driving her further and further away from him. But now Jackson is gone.

*At the Townsend's House*

Annie and Gabe greeted Maddie and walked into the living room

"Katydid!" Annie said scooping up Katy and giving her a huge hug.

"Alright, I'm heading up to Ty's room" Gabe informed running up the stairs.

Annie and Katy went up to Katy's room and they talked (mostly Katy) about their days and just random things. Annie always felt calm in this room despite all its chaos. She left Katy to play with her dino toys for a bit after they talked and made her way to Kyle's room.

"Hey buddy," Annie said to Kyle. He was working on his game at his desk. He basically jumped out of his skin, got up from his chair and hugged Annie, hard.

"Whoa, you really missed me huh?" 

"You have no clue" Kyle replied playfully.

The both of them sat on his bed and had a long chat about the accident, Annie finally opened up about her break-up and how upset she actually was over it. They had a great, over-due conversation. Annie looked at her phone and checked the time. It was pretty late. She said bye to both Katy and Kyle and made her way downstairs.

"Hey honey, your mom said you can stay for dinner since the restaurant is full tonight," Maddie said to Annie

"Oh okay," Annie replied putting her bags down at the end of the staircase.

"What's for dinner?" Annie asked walking into the kitchen

"I just finished making arrabbiata pasta with chicken and broccoli"

"Oh wow, that sounds amazing, I can lay the table if you'd like?" Annie asked

"Aw, sweetie that would be great, thank you!" Maddie replied gratefully

Annie finished setting the table and Maddie called her kids to come down for dinner.  Katy came bounding down the stairs with Kyle and Tyler right behind her. 

Authors note:

Hello my loves, tysm for reading this far. I love all the characters and i wanted to give a little backstory for Annie's version of the sweet magnoilas so here goes:

Sierra: 16 (turning 17), junior, girls basketball

Nicole: 16 (turning 17), junior, cheer

I also wanted Annie to take cheer this year because i have a fun plotline around that okay byee