Chapter 3

Tyler Townsend had so much on his mind he couldn't figure out what he wanted. CeCe, his dad now Annie. Everything was going further and further away from his control. The one thing Ty always had control over was baseball, that's gone too. Gabe had already left, he was alone in his room, lying down and staring at his ceiling. Annie was in this house with him...he hasn't spoken a word to her and she seems like she does not want to talk to him. He unplugged his phone from the charging port and hooked up his AirPods. "that way" by Tate Mcrae started to play. He usually would never listen to this kind of music but Katy showed him one of her songs and for reasons, he doesn't understand (yet) he fell in love with the lyrics.

Suddenly he heard his mom call him and his siblings down for dinner.

Annie must have gone home.

Ty walks down the stairs, still scrolling on his phone. He looked up at Annie standing next to Katy and serving her dinner. Ty stops dead in his tracks and just observes her, the way she's so patient with Katy, her making conversation with Kyle so he feels more comfortable. 

When did his childhood best friend become 'that girl'?

Annie turned and saw Ty just standing there. She waves for him to come closer. Ty feels a weird sensation in his stomach. Oh, this dinner is going to be hard.

They surprising had an uneventful dinner, only because Annie didn't look in Ty's direction once.

Ty needed to talk to her...

Annie slings her backpack over her shoulder and takes the bag with leftovers Maddie packed for her. She already said "goodnight" to Katy, Maddie and Kyle and is about to leave. As she opens the front door, Ty taps her on her back.

"Hey, I need to talk to you" Ty starts

"No, stop. If you're going to apologize or whatever, this is not the right time. Also, I don't want to be mean but you are such a dick." Annie says, getting angry fast

"Annie-"

"Ty, look, you've constantly let me down and you never seem to understand that the world doesn't revolve around you. Not once the entire summer did you invite me over. Not once did you leave CeCe for 5 minutes to talk to me. Your best friend, who you've known your entire life."

"Annie please..."

"No. Tyler I'm done." Annie says tears pooling in her eyes. She slams the door in Ty's face and starts to walk home.

Author's Note:

Heyy, so for this chapter I wanted to focus more on Ty and his whole realization that he actually loves Annie. I also wanted to add some angst and ✨spice✨ but yeah. Also THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR NEARLY 600 READS and for all the support y'all have given me just 2 chapters in. I really appreciate it and it motivates me sm. 

SHOUTOUT TO: @ultravioletf 

tysm for all the comments and support !!