INTRODUCTION!

DEVYN MCCOY has been running away for most of her life

DEVYN MCCOY has been running away for most of her life. Her life used to be great. She lived in an actual house, she went to school and got good grades, she had parents who loved her, and she had a best friend who was there for her no matter what. Now all she has is her best friend and she wouldn't know what she would do without Billy Batson.

Devyn and Billy have been friends since the day they were born. Their parents were friends and so it seemed like they were destined to be friends as well. They almost always were together. And if you see one the other is probably not far behind. The two even have their own handshake and special nicknames only they can use.

Things change when Devyn's parents got into a car wreck during the winter. The roads were icy and a drunk driver had hit them. They didn't make it alive, and Devyn was devastated. She was taken in by her next-door neighbor, Ashlyn Stewart- a dark-skinned woman in her mid-twenties and is a nurse-who often babysat her. Don't get her wrong, she loved Ashlyn and the two had a sister type of relationship, but the dark-haired woman isn't her parents.

One day Devyn and Ashlyn went to the carnival with Billy and his mom. That's when things went down hill. Devyn and Billy got lost and they've never found Ashlyn or Billy's mom. So, they were forced to go to orphanages or foster homes. They escaped each one, not liking any of the ones they've been to. Devyn honestly didn't mind some of the foster families they stayed with, but it just wasn't the same as a real family and it made her miss her parents even more.

Devyn and Billy have been trying to search for Ashlyn and his mom for a long time now. She lost count on how many times they've failed and got disappointed. But they still had hope they would find Ashlyn and his mom. They didn't want to give up. They couldn't give up. They had to be out there, and Devyn and Billy are going to find them.

or...
devyn mccoy and billy batson have been searching for parts of their family for a long time and end up in a foster home. they go through some ups and down, but they eventually realize that home is not only a place, for them it is actually each other.