CHAPTER FOUR, names & secrets

Devyn and Billy went back to the house and got Freddy's attention. They wrote 'don't scream' on a notebook paper and Billy put it on the window where Freddy was doing dishes in the kitchen. Freddy screamed anyway despite the paper saying 'don't scream'. 

"No, I said don't scream!" Billy exclaimed in frustration as Freddy stared at him with shock.

"Victor! Victor! Victor!" Freddy shouted with panic.

"No, it's it me! It's Billy! It's Billy!" Billy quickly tells him. He steps to the side so Freddy could see Devyn. "Devyn's with me too!" 

Devyn stands by Billy, awkwardly smiling at him and waves. "Hi, Freddy."

"You asked us flight or invisibility." Billy reminds Freddy. "And I thought that was stupid, but now we look like this and we need your help!" He said urgently.

"Freddy, can you meet us here after lights out?" Devyn asked Freddy in a hopeful tone. She quickly walked to the side so she wasn't standing in front of the window, grabbing Billy's wrist to drag him along with her when she noticed Victor walking into the kitchen.

****

"Billy," Devyn's hands were on her hips and she sighs heavily. "Slapping yourself won't bring you back."

Billy was knelt by a car, looking at the side mirror and slapping his face. "You don't know that! It might work." He stands up straighter when he noticed Freddy walking over to him and Devyn. "Oh, thank God."

Freddy stops Billy from walking any closer. He holds up his phone that had 9-1-1 ready to call which made Devyn nervous. "Hey, stop right there! How do I know you both aren't super villains using your telepathic abilities to make me believe that you're Billy and Devyn? Huh?"

Billy stares at him with furrowed eywbrows. "What?"

"All I have to do is press dial on this thing." Freddy said, his thumb hovering over the call button.

Billy panics. "No, no! We have proof!" He opens his backpack, accidentally ripping it  since he wasn't used to this newfound strength he had/ He sighs in annoyance and holds the bag to Devyn. "You get it out, you have smaller hands than I do."

Devyn nods and pulls out the ziplock bag with a bullet that Freddy had. "Okay, we lied about the fact we didn't take your bullet." She held up the bag to Freddy for him to see the bullet and his eyes widened.

Freddy stares at Devyn and Billy in shock, putting away his phone. "Freddy, I swear it's us, okay?" Billy said. He sighs. "Look, I know we're not really close friends or anything, but you're the only person I know that knows anything abut this Cape Crusader stuff."

"It's Batman." Freddy corrected.

"Yeah, even I knew that." Devyn nodded.

Billy looks at Freddy with confusion. "What?"

Freddy shakes his head. "Forget it." He smiles excitedly, pointing at the lightning bolt on Billy's chest. "Can I?" 

"Oh, yeah. Yeah." Billy glanced at the lightning bolt and nods, stepping closer to Freddy. Freddy reached his hand to the lightning bolt and sparks connect with his fingers. He laughed.

"It's crazy, right?" Billy grinned.

"What are your superpowers?" Freddy questioned, pulling his hand away. 

"Superpowers? Dude, I don't even know how to pee in this thing!" 

"Okay, can you fly?" Freddy asked him.

"Billy, we don't know anything we can do. We literally just got back from a creepy cave." Devyn informed him as she handed the ziplock with the bullet   to Freddy.