Chapter 5

Atlanta, GA

Sunday 10:00 a.m.

Kenny, Ty, and Joe's Home

Kentrell was pissed with himself. The ultimate hoe. The big dog walker himself! Was really a scary ass bitch!

He's so embarrassed from his behavior yesterday.  He fucking ran away from Sheyaa like he was a serial killer or something. Oh and the look on his face was what almost made Kentrell's heart fall out his chest.

He could only imagine how the other felt about him right now. Probably thought he was a weirdo or a piece of shit lie. Neither one of those would be false. He was being a complete weirdo. How you gone agree to go on a date with a guy and then leave out of nowhere.

And yeah he's still coming to terms that that was a date. Well what was supposed to be a date.

Since he's woken up this morning all he can think about is texting Sheyaa. He doesn't know yet if he wants to apologize but he at least wants to say something. Just to grasp how the other may feel. Then another part of him doesn't want to say anything at all and just let things play out how they should.

Maybe Sheyaa will get the idea that Kentrell doesn't want to get that close. Hopefully he figures that out sooner than later because just outright saying you wanna be fuck buddies is not P.

Kentrell's phone was opened on iMessage with the blank text message box blinking away at him. He was under Sheyaa's contact and was contemplating what to say.

He had been sitting here like this for the past five minutes and he hadn't come up with a thing.

A knock on his door—much to his relief—grabbed his attention.

"Come in!"

The door opened and in walked Tyquain and Joe.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Joe greeted.

Tyquan and Joe jumped into Kentrell's bed smothering the other in the act. They all laughed as they playfully picked with each other.  This one poking the other in the side and the other pinching this one.

The three friends have been close for some years now which had made moving into an apartment together easy. Kentrell knew Ty since they were in middle school and he was the only one who stayed by his side throughout the school years till he had met Joe who had joined the duo his 11th grade year. They all were in their 2nd year of college now.

Now Kentrell knew Ty would make it another year but Joe surprised him. Guess the idiot did have brains.

"What's going on with you?" Tyquain asked once they settled down.

Ty had told Joe all about the phone call Kentrell gave him yesterday. He was so over Kentrell being dramatic about little stupid stuff—like a fucking date—that he ranted all day about it to Joe, because after Kentrell hung up on him he never came back home till after 8 o'clock. On top of that he locked himself in his room and put his phone on Do Not Disturb.

It was morning time now and Ty was done waiting around for Kentrell to spill the beans. He wanted to know now.

"Shidd I'm good. Just chilling."

Kentrell was obviously trying to seem nonchalant but his two friends could peep something was wrong.