Test Me

"So, since we may be stuck here for a while, how about we get to know each other a little better?"

Immediately my brain reverts back to the gutter. To raunchy porno pick-up lines. Sex scenes in an elevator. Snap out of it, Ari!

"Uh . . . sure. What would you like to know?"

"Hmm . . . give me a minute to think . . . I know! How about we play Would You Rather? to make this a little more fun."

"Oh . . . okay."

He rubs his chin and thinks of a question. 

"Would you rather be stuck in an elevator or have to walk 19 flights of stairs?"

I laugh. 

"It depends. Who is in the elevator with me?"

"Me."

Oh . . . my . . . Did he just ask if I like being stuck in the elevator with him? Somehow I manage to dig the smartass out of me for my reply.

I smirk. 

"Well, I do like to exercise, so . . ."

His jaw drops. He laughs. I made him laugh again!

What he says next, though, leaves me shocked.

"So you'd rather be stuck in the elevator burning calories with me, then."

I tell myself it was innocent. He's a fit guy. He exercises regularly. That's what he meant. Be exercise buddies. Jumping jacks. Push-ups. Running in place.

Change the subject. I need to change the subject.

"My turn! Would you rather have everyone be able to read your thoughts or everyone be able to see your internet browsing history?"

"Ooh! That's a good one! But, I'm pretty sure a bunch of ARMY already know about my internet browsing history . . . "

I clasp my hand over my mouth and laugh nervously knowing very well what he is referring to. 

"So, is that what you are going to go with, or do you want me to be able to read your thoughts?"

He smiles. Damn, those dimples! 

"I'm not so sure I want you to be able to read my thoughts right now."

He bites his lower lip. Appears to be blushing.

What?! He didn't seriously just imply he is having dirty thoughts about me, did he? No. He couldn't be. It's perfectly innocent. He's implying that he's frustrated to be trapped in an elevator. Period.

"Internet browsing history it is, then. Your turn."

"Would you rather have a boyfriend you can have deep conversations with or a husband who dotes on you?"

"Easy. Deep conversations. Being doted on is nice, but it would get boring after a while."

He nods.

"Okay. Your turn."

I take a moment to think.

"Would you rather only be able to communicate in emoji or never be able to text at all ever again?"

"Emoji. Definitely emoji."

I laugh at his immediate decisiveness.

"I like your laugh. It's nice. Sweet."

I blush. Hope he can't tell with the dim emergency lights on.

"Thank you."

He takes a step closer to me.

"My turn. Would you rather kiss me now or kiss me later tonight after our date?"