Wish Upon a Star

Sunaina's POV

"What did you just say? Let us what?"

"Get engaged! Ofcourse." Arjun was sitting on his bed casually and working on his file. I looked at Gayathri Devi and she in turn nodded in agreement. "Why should we get engaged?" I asked her in confusion. She was about to give me a reply when Arjun started speaking.

"Because I want to lure that son of a bastard to show his face. We have been playing hide and seek for quite some time. He needs to show his face." Arjun was spitting fire out of his mouth. I have never seen him this angry. Even Gayathri Devi seems to not reject this idea. But why? She knew everything about me. How can she accept this decision.

"But why do we need to get engaged?" I asked him slowly.

"Its necessary. I will explain you later."

"But...I can't get engaged. Aunty you know why I can't get engaged with him. Please explain Arjun."

"My dear-" She started to speak again when she heard Abhay's voice coming down the hall.

"Maa!! Maa!!" Abhay's voice was loud enough to reach us in Arjun's room.

"Coming beta." She responded and looked at me smiling. "My dear... I have discussed everything with Arjun. He will explain you everything. I have to leave now. Abhay is calling." Saying this, she turned her gaze towards Arjun. "Beta...please explain her. You yourself know that you are confusing her more." He nodded at her mother's statement and then she left his room.

"Arjun please list-"

"Are you in love with someone else?" Arjun asked me out of nowhere.

"No." I replied to him overcoming the shock that welled up inside me.

"Are you engaged to someone else? Will you be married to someone else?"

"What on earth are you saying? I don't even have a boyfriend! Let alone be engaged to someone else."

"Then it's decided."

"What is decided?"

"We are getting engaged in 3 days." His words struck like a lightning bolt to me.

"Arjun...I really don't think that's a good decision."

"We can see that later." Arjun dismissed last of my disapprovals.

"That's not fair! The world doesn't revolve around you."

"I am the second prince. Ofcourse the world revolves around me!"

"You cocky Dumbo!!!!" He was getting on my nerves. "I will never be engaged with an arrogant, bad man like you."

"Why so?" Arjun smirked raising his eyebrows that made him look so sexy.

"Listen...we cannot be engaged. You and I don't belong to each other."

"But I feel you are perfect."

"You are just using me to catch the culprit. You don't even love me."

"Like I said, the engagement is in three days. Tomorrow the royal tailor will come with dress designs for the events. Be ready."

"Like I will ever be engaged with a person like you. I don't want to be engaged to someone who doesn't love me." Saying this I stomped out of his room. I didn't realise when I reached my own room and lied down on my bed silently.

"No! No! I have to stop this from happening. We can't be engaged." My head was hurting to the point that it felt as if it will explode any minute. I knew Arjun has no feelings for me. That day when we were dancing or the times in the hospital when he was teasing me, I might have felt otherwise but now, it won't be. He knows all this is because of me. He knows that the man is attacking him after I came into his life. No sane person can love someone so harmful now and what's more? He is a prince. He deserves a princess and not some weird pauper like me. I decided to do something that I never imagined I would do in this lifetime.