Accusations

Sunaina's POV

My world went blank when I heard him say those vicious words.

"Once Arjun Saxena is killed, you will have no problem in being with me right?" It didn't seem as if he was joking. Infact, who would? Will you kidnap someone just to joke with them. The guy in front of me is no longer the gentle, happy go lucky person whom I met years ago. This man in front of me seems more evil and out of his mind.

"Nikhil! Don't you dare do anything to him." I shouted even though my voice gave in to the fear my heart was feeling. I saw his lips getting curled up into a smile again. "Aww! You scared for your Arjun huh?" His smiled vanished and my blood turned cold again.

"How shameless of you to think of other men while I am here." He came closer towards me again. "You got yourself some bad company didn't you? I told you that you should not make so many friends. But no! You always had to be the centre of attention." He lifted my chin tightly with his fingers. "You were very bold huh to even dare to be engaged to someone else."

"We were over Nikhil. You can't expect me to be head over heels for you after you have done so much to hurt me." I clenched my jaws. Even though I shivered whilst saying those words, a part of me still had the courage to be upfront.

"No we were not. We were just on a break darling. You know how much I love you right? How can I even think of breaking up." He seems to have totally lost it.

"Nikhil how can you be such a hypocrite." I couldn't take it anymore. "It was you who told me that I am too simple for you. It was always you that made me feel that every step I took is a heinous mistake. You thought that to so simple that you termed it as cooling off? For your information, your comments ringed under my subconscious mind everyday. I was nice to my friends, I am a slut. I am not talking to anyone, I am acting. You cancelled plans on me and you always made me feel so inferior. Even on the day we broke up, all you did was mock me." I didn't realise when I started crying but my cheeks were already wet by the time I realised it. I realised how much my heart ached on realising that he always mocked my pain. He never stood up for me neither was he feeling to fight for me. At one point, he even made me feel like a wuss in front of everyone. For years, I felt I wasn't worthy enough because he told me I was shit."

"I am doing this for your own good" he used to say.

"Stay away from that guy. You were intentionally trying to fall in the arms of that guy."

"You are such a slut. There are other girls as well. Why are you not like them."

Everyday those words always rang through my head. He scared me to the core and he made me feel so inferior.

"Aww! Baby. You took that all to your heart?" Nikhil cupped my face within his hands and smiled.  "You are still a child. Do you want to know why I said those things?" I blankly stared at him and he didn't wait for me to respond.

"Sunaina...Sunaina...Sunaina. Baby I was angry on you. All you used to talk about was that shitty Arjun." My eyes widened with shock.

"What...what do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh don't act so innocent! You used to eat my head up over a fictional guy. Really? Sunaina that guy wasn't that special but no you loved him so much that you started to ignore me. Me! Nikhil Arora! You ignored me. Sunaina do you know how annoying it got." He started staring into my eyes. His stare always scared me. I never imagined the soft guy to whom I confessed would turn out to be such a nightmare within just a few years of our relationship.

"You are being silly Nikhil and that's no reason to go for a break up." I replied not willing to back out.

"No reason? Huh? Well Sunaina Mehra! What's mine is only mine and I will not allow something that belongs to me think about other men! Even though it's fictional." He has changed making me think of the worse.