Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
.
.
.
.
Estella POV
.

My head was throbbing and I felt like a zombie as I padded through the apartment. I probably look like I had just crawled up from my grave. I felt disgusting and my tongue felt like sandpaper.

The pounding in my head doesn't get any better when Harry and Liam come bounding inside talking about butter or mayonnaise or something. I'm too tired to think straight right now.

Niall manages to guide me to my bedroom. When we walk in, we're greeted with a sight that has me questioning my existence. In front of us is Louis, wearing a French maid's outfit. He's holding a feather duster and I prancing around my room singing "Happy Working Song" from Enchanted. He doesn't notice is yet.

Vera, Liam, and Harry walk up behind us and take in the scene before us. Harry takes out his phone and videotapes Louis. We can't help but laugh. Louis turns around and faces us at the door, his face immediately turning pink. He throws the feather duster across the room.

"I-I um- I was just- Vera said- I- uh- Estella, your room is clean." Louis stumbles with his words and looks down as he pushes his way past us through the door. He looks like a shamed dog with his tail between his legs.

We stand in silence for a while, absorbing what just happened, before Vera spoke out. "I just want to know where he got the maid's outfit."

With that, we burst out in a fit of giggles, provoking my headache to worsen. "Ugh. Vera, can you get me some pain killers? My head feels like it's in a vise."

"Oh yeah! Hold on I'll be back with your meds and a glass of water." Vera says and walks out.

While she's getting my medicine, Niall helps me into my bed. He sits on the side and rubs my head soothingly and I close my eyes, enjoying the moment. Vera walks in with my pills. She hands me the pills and the glass of water. After I swallow them, a thought crosses my mind.

"Hey, where's Zayn?" I ask.

"Oh um. He left." Niall said.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, he'll be back. He just went to the grocery store to pick up some food for you guys. You know. Since we kinda ate all your food the other day." Niall replied, scratching the back of his head.

"That was nice of him to go out and get food for us." Vera said. "Essie, you should get some sleep."

I nodded in agreement and curled up in my sheets. Vera left the room and Niall got up to leave, too, but I grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Stay with me? Just until I fall asleep." I asked, looking into his crystal blue eyes.

He smiles warmly down at me and sits back down. He takes my hand in his a plays with my fingers. His touch soothes all my pain.

"Always." He says.

I feel myself slowly drifting off to sleep, the hurt and pain of the world slipping away, leaving me with the imprint of Niall's careful touch on my mind. For the time being, I can slip away from reality.

-

When I woke up, Niall was gone, but in his place, was a bouquet of flowers. A smile crossed my face. My headache was gone and I was feeling much better after a long rest. I picked up my phone from the night stand and checked the time. I had slept through the night and it was now 8:10 in the morning. Thursday morning.

"CRAP! I HAVE WORK! VEEEEEEERRRRRAAAAA!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER!!!" I stumbled out of bed and ran out to the living room. Not surprisingly, Vera was sitting on the couch with the boys... Playing Mario Kart... Without me. Wait no! Don't let it temp you! I shake my head and look over to the couch, scanning the faces of the boys before landing on Vera's. The game is paused and Vera sets her control down to talk to me.