a stray finds a new home

Sunday MorningMarch 21st, 2021 | 10:21 AMJYPE Building

Sunday Morning
March 21st, 2021 | 10:21 AM
JYPE Building

Decisions had to be made, and the last few weeks have proven to be difficult and even more proof that he needed to do what had to be done. As much as it pains him, he needs to follow his heart and let go. He sat in the Chairman's office with Stray Kids' manager as he went over the papers in front of him. The big bold letters on top of the official documents made him queasy as this was finally happening.

CONTRACT TERMINATION

He carefully read over the papers, making sure to double-check that he wasn't misreading anything. It hadn't been a huge shock to Hangyeol when Felix told him he wanted to end his contract with Stray Kids and JYPE, he was half expecting it to happen sooner or later. It was heartbreaking to see him part ways, the Australian had been such a big part of his life for the past years.

"Felix, are you sure you want to do this?" Hangyeol asks, looking as if he was struggling to bite back his tears as he watches the Australian place the stacks of paper on the desk. The stack alone will change the course of Felix's entire career and all it took was two signatures.

Felix smiles bittersweetly. "JYPE and Stray Kids were never meant to be my fate, I'm not highly popular with the fans, nor am I loved within the company or even the group. Why should I continue to stay when it'll only prolong the pain, hyung?" He softly responds, "The only care I was ever shown was from GOT7 and they're long gone from this shitty place." He adds on as he grabs a fuzzy pink pen from his purse (Kai had gotten it for him from a little knickknack shop and Felix made it his duty to use it).

Hangyeol sighs. "I know this doesn't mean much coming from me, but I've watched you grow into a great young adult and I care for you a lot. Just because certain people don't reciprocate the same feelings for you, doesn't mean others don't. I'm sorry that for the last three years you've had to endure more painful shit than the rest of your — soon-to-be — ex-members but look at yourself now, you're taking the initiative to go on a different path

Felix smiles fondly. "It warms my heart that you still think fondly of me even when I'm not going to be your responsibility anymore. Out of everyone I've met within this company, you're the only one who regards me as their family."

"Of course, I would. You're part of the reason why I have a good-paying job to support my family, Felix. No matter where you go or what you're doing, I'll always support you." Hangyeol responds as he rubs the sweat off his palms against his jeans.

"Anyways, where is this guy at? It's bad enough I have to speak to him today, but he's even making me wait." Felix grumbles as he crosses his arms and relaxes into the chair.

"He's been busy lately with preparations for TWICE, they're having a comeback soon and he just thought this was the last of his problems." Hangyeol truthfully says as he goes to sit next to Felix.