chapter: 05 ❦

3rd person’s pov

“just tell her the truth, yeonjun hyung.” beomgyu said with a small sigh when they passed ryujin in the cafeteria. and yeonjun would, but every time they came across each other she’d give him this glare and it honestly kinda scared him.

“can’t you do it for me?” yeonjun whined and beomgyu ignored him, opting to speed faster to their table instead. well, two could play that game.

“yeonjun hyung.” beomgyu complained, going to walk faster as well. “no.”  he said as he sat down, pushing some of the stuff people called food around here in his mouth.

“beomie, please. you’re supposed to be my boyfriend...” yeonjun whined again.

“i’m supposed to be your boyfriend so i have to go over to her and tell her i’m not your boyfriend.” beomgyu said dryly. yeonjun dropped his pout and frowned a little at his friend.

“it seems that you beat me at my own game, young one.” yeonjun said solemnly. he was about to turn away and go talk to ryujin, when beomgyu hit his arm, hard. he hissed and rubbed the sore spot. beomgyu was smiling sweetly at him.

“you are only two years older than me hyung, but you sound like my grandfather the way you speak.”

“oh, then... it seems that you beat me at my own game, small one.” he corrected, quickly making sure he was out of hit range.

“you're a dick.” beomgyu called after him as he was walking away and yeonjun nodded with a grin. yes, yes, he really was.

yeonjun makes himself comfortable in beomgyu’s bed. it’s fine. beomgyu doesn’t mind, especially when yeonjun scoots himself close under the covers and drapes himself across beomgyu’s back. yeonjun is warm. his skin smells like wood chips, and his hair smells like strawberries. somehow he manages to fit himself around beomgyu in a way that makes beomgyu feel safe, protected.

they’re not together, not dating. they’ve never fooled around beyond late night, tired and sometimes slightly intoxicated snuggles. they’ve never even kissed, unless you consider the time taehyun tripped beomgyu and he fell into yeonjun lips first. don’t laugh, that’s exactly how it happened.

beomgyu hears the things the other people and their friends say about them. he knows they all think he and yeonjun are in denial of their relationship, just like soobin and hueningkai. well, maybe not just like soobin and hueningkai because those two are definitely sleeping together.

at first, beomgyu was embarrassed by it. every time he’d hear taehyun snickering or heeseung whispering something about getting a room, beomgyu was quick to retract his hand from yeonjun’s or lift his head from yeonjun’s shoulder. the more often it happened, the more he got used to it and the less it bothered him, and the less it bothered him, the less often it happened. eventually it seemed everyone either accepted their non-relationship, or if they didn’t, they kept their opinions to themselves.

“does it ever bother you hyung?” he asks yeonjun. yeonjun is curled into beomgyu, an arm wrapped around beomgyu’s middle and a leg wedged between his knees, and he’s not making any of his usual sleepy noises, no sighs or whines, just quiet.

“hmm? what?” yeonjun hugs him closer, and beomgyu can feel yeonjun’s voice vibrating against his back. “does what bother me darling?”

“the way everyone thinks we’re dating each other.”

“nah, they don’t know anything, and it’s none of their business anyway.”

“i know, but…” beomgyu sighs. yeonjun is right. he should just let it go. “nevermind, jjunie hyung. it doesn’t matter. go to sleep.”

“okay.” yeonjun is breathing right down the gap in the back of beomgyu’s t-shirt. his nose is smushed against the nape of beomgyu’s neck. he whimpers softly, and his fingers twitch where they rest on beomgyu’s stomach. yeonjun is asleep, and beomgyu is left alone with his thoughts, the loudest of which is— why aren’t we dating?

<(`^´)>
i will publish chapter 6 tomorrow.
thanks for reading ♡