chapter: 10 ❦

3rd person’s pov

as yeonjun was running to the dorm yeji’s words echoed through his head. —until it’s too late. that probably meant the person she had been, or maybe still was, in love with was dating someone else or worse, but yeonjun didn’t want to think about that.

the thought of beomgyu dating someone that wasn’t yeonjun made him sick to his stomach. how had he fucking missed these feelings the entire time? for someone that didn’t like people calling him an idiot he really could be one sometimes.

when he burst into the dorm ten minutes later, he was panting so hard he was afraid he might faint. beomgyu looked up from his spot on the couch. his eyebrows rose at the sight of the sweaty yeonjun. in hindsight he probably shouldn’t have ran. it wasn’t as if beomgyu was going anywhere.

“what happened hyung?” beomgyu asked and yeonjun sensed that he was trying very hard not to sound too worried. he laughed and fell to the floor, liking the way it was cool against his burning skin.

“yeonjun hyung.... are you okay?” beomgyu asked from directly above him and yeonjun turned, so he could look up at beomgyu, who was squatting next to him.

“hello again, my boyfriend, my love,  my baby,  my dear darling.” yeonjun told the boy he loved with a grin and beomgyu’s eye twitched as he stood up.

“i told you hyung to stop calling me that.” the younger boy murmured. “anyway, how did your date go?”

“horrible,” yeonjun said, as he got up on shaking legs. he really should start working on his stamina. because he honestly felt like he was dying right now and he hadn’t even ran 2 kilometers. “...i kept thinking about your attitude.”

beomgyu tensely handed him a glass of water and talked as yeonjun gulped it down: “oh, excuse me for ruining your date with my bad attitude. next time i’ll be sure to stay out of your way before you go on your date.”

his best friend grabbed the empty glass out of his hand and took it to the sink. yeonjun followed with a small smile. had he missed all these signs of obvious jealousy as well? honestly, did the him from two hours ago not have eyes or ears or common sense.

“you’re really cute, you know that?” yeonjun asked and beomgyu froze with his back to yeonjun.

“what did you just call me?”

“i said you’re cute.”

beomgyu turned to him and shoved him out of the way, gently. “shut up and go shower, you stink.”

his ears were definitely red. yeonjun almost cackled in delight.

“hey gyu, what would you think of… say, calling each other boyfriends for real?” yeonjun asked and beomgyu stared at him, expression open and all his previous sourness gone.

“what?” he asked quietly and yeonjun took a careful step towards him, another one when beomgyu didn’t back away and another one and then they were standing in front of each other. beomgyu staring up at him with disbelief.

“i asked if maybe we could really become boyfriends?” yeonjun repeated, more serious this time.

“wha- since when... i thought you…” beomgyu stared at his hands when it was clear he wouldn’t be able to say anything. they were trembling. yeonjun grabbed them with his bigger ones, almost compleltely engulfing them.

“beomgyu, please. you’d make me the happiest man on earth.” yeonjun said and beomgyu looked into his eyes. beomgyu had such pretty eyes.

“what about yeji?”  beomgyu asked and of course he would. always thinking about others first. yhat was beomgyu all right. it just him love the other boy more.

“she knew i loved you, so she made me realize. she never legit wanted to go on that date with me,  gyu…” yeonjun frowned a little. “which is pretty rude now that i think about it. i mean, she could’ve just asked to talk, but no-“

beomgyu swung his arms around his neck and pulled him down. yeonjun abruptly stopped talking.

“you really should learn when to stop talking, my sweet boyfriend.”

yeonjun smiled and beomgyu smiled back, pretty eyes overflowing with affection.

“yeah, i really, really should.”

yeonjun closed the small distance between their lips himself. beomgyu let out a small sound of surprise, but quickly let himself get pulled into the kiss.

“hyung...” beomgyu whispered breathlessly a couple of minutes later. yeonjun nodded. whatever beomgyu asked of him now, he’d do it. “you really have to go take a shower. you really do stink.”

okay, yeah. yeonjun could do that. the request was slightly less romantic than he’d expected, but whatever. he could make it romantic.

“you wanna maybe join me?” yeonjun asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. beomgyu abruptly started laughing and again, not the reaction he’d expected.

“i’ll pass, thanks. i don’t want the first time we fuck to be in that small shower.”

yeonjun nodded. it was an understandable statement. their shower really was very small. if he was going to tap that he was going to do it properly.

“i love you, my dear darling.” yeonjun said, after giving beomgyu one last kiss.

“ugh, you’re still so cheesy, hyung.”

“hey, come on! that was romantic! don’t try to tell me that wasn’t romantic.”

“fine, it was kinda romantic.”

yeonjun booped beomgyu’s nose and went to the bathroom.

“yeonjun,”beomgyu  said just before he closed the door. he peeped his head out with a questioning expression.

“i love you, too.”

beomgyu flushed when yeonjun gave him a soft smile and said, “I know, darling. of course you do.”

♡the end♡

okay, you’ve reached the end.
like i said, this is just a short story and i just want to try to write fluff.
but i still don’t understand why you don’t want to believe i’m innocent.

oh well... 👉👈

thank you so much for reading ♡