3rd Choice

"The bridal shower is in two weeks, Lunara. I can open the café alone for today if you want." Liya stated as we're talking through the phone. Umismid ako. "You can't skip half the day of your sister's birthday, Liya. I'm already on the way to the café so don't argue." I said in a flat tone.

 I heard a "tsk" from her. "Hindi ko alam kung nananadya ba talaga ang panahon at talagang ngayon nila naisipan mag-personal visit sa venue." Bumuntong hininga siya. "Are you sure you can face them?" She asked. Sandali akong tumahimik. Tumango ako kahit hindi niya ako nakikita.

"We have no choice." Today, Oliver and Hilary will visit the private lounge and discuss their menu. Of course Oliver had to come to support his soon-to-be Mrs. Binaba ko na ang tawag at mas mahigpit na kumapit sa manibela. I'm sure Oliver knew that I own that café at alam kong alam 'din 'yon ng mapapangasawa niya. I can already see the café. I don't plan to stay long so I just parked at the side. Hindi muna ako bumaba at tumitig sa entrance. Glass door and walls ang café kaya nakita ko agad si Oliver na nakahawak sa bewang ng isang babae. Pumikit ako at huminga ng malalim bago nagmulat ng mata at bumaba sa kotse. I'm wearing an all black and white outfit.

 I'm wearing an all black and white outfit

 I entered the café and Wendy who's talking to the couple, looked at me and smiled.  She gestured me so I assumed she said that the owner is already here. They turn around and faced me. After 7 months since we separated, Oliver and I made eye contact. It was a minute of silence before someone squealed my name. 

"Gee! Ate Luna!" Napalingon ako at nakita si Kaileen na kakapasok lang. She came to me with open arms. I smiled and hugged her as she reached me. "Hi, Kai." I greeted. It's been so long since I saw her. She's getting prettier and prettier. 

"Ehem." Someone faked a cough. We broke our hug and looked at him. Tinignan ko si Hilary at nakita ko na nabura ang ngiti nito. Bumaling ako kay Wendy. "Let's go through the menu first." Tumango siya at umalis para kunin ang menu namin. Tinignan ko silang lahat. "Take a seat."

I guided them to one big booth. Sa sulok ako umupo, Hilary and Oliver at my right side and Kaileen on my left. I smelled his cologne from where I'm sitting. He's still wearing the cologne I gave to him once. He never changed it since then. He looked different but I guess some things stay the same. Wendy came to us and put the menu down the table. I looked at her and said thank you. Umupo din siya sa tabi ko so she could take notes. Bumaling ako kay Hilary.

"Feel free to scan the menu," Tumingin naman ako sa mga kasama niya pa nandito. "You can ask me questions if ever you have one for a certain meal." Tumango naman sila. Iniiwasan ko na tumingin pa kay Oliver. I can feel his eyes on me.