// Coffee time - Pt. 2 //

- What don't you understand Jim?! Really, what the hell don't YOU understand?!

Jim was shocked, the way she was yelling at him, like if he has done something really bad, except he hadn't. He was about to exceed his limits, he just didn't understand what was she talking about.

- No Diane! I don't fucking understand it, why are you yelling me all this bullshit?! Just explain me what did I do wrong!

She approached him violently, pointing at him and looking at him furious. Jim never saw her that way before, she was being crazy. He looked at her and stepped back slightly, shocked.

- YOU, you've to promise me. J-Just promise me, you'll NEVER going to talk to her again. I've seen her looking at you, she just adores you and you keep playing that same game. STOP IT!

Jim suddenly woke up, agitated and sweating, his heart beating rapidly. When he was aware that it was a nightmare, he started to calm down, breathing deep and slow. His palm resting on his chest, he closed his eyes and kept breathing, thinking why after all this time, he remembered that day in his dreams.

It was 2 weeks now since he came to Hawkins, he was living in his father's old house. When his father got retired, a few years ago now, his parents went living with Jim's older sister, Judy. He and his sister always kept a good relation, but after Sarah's death they distanced a little. Jim became solitary and lost, running trough an espiral of angry and sadness, trying to heal all the pain by sinking under the alcohol. When he told them that he was going to move back to Hawkins, they started to regain the faith in his life, his new life in his old town.

Jim took a shower, he hadn't been able to stop thinking in Joyce these days. When they got to Hawkins and said goodbye to each other, Joyce told him that they could go for a coffee someday, so they could talk better about their life and she could help him feel like Hawkins was his home again. A home with new friends and opportunities for his life, because he deserved it.

Jim dressed up and went to his new job, it was his first week as a Chief and he already made a friend, Flo, his secretary.

- Good morning Hopper!

Flo said as she approached him with an apple. She took his cigarette off his mouth and gave him the apple, looking at him a little annoyed at his bad habits. He smiled shyly and started eating his apple.

- Good morning Flo, something new today?

- Not by now Chief, you have some documents in your office, but nothing else.

He made a bored face and decided to go out on patrol. He hated office work, it was boring and felt like time never passed. He got into his car and went to the center, driving slowly looking at the people distracted, until he saw her.

- Hey! Joyce!

He stood with his car next to her, in the middle of the street. She saw him and approached next to his car, bending down a bit to be at the height of his window. Joyce was dressed in her Melvad's uniform.

- Hey Jim! How you doing? Too much work?

She said smiling, raising her hand next to her face to cover it from the sun. He smiled back.

- Yeah for sure...

Both of them laughed and looked at each other like if they were waiting for something. She finally said what they're thinking.

- Hm... would you- what are you doing now?

She said as she looked away from he, embarrassed.