// New life - Pt. 21 //

Back in 1966, Hawkins

Jim shut the main door furious, leaving Diane's house behind him and getting into his car. As soon as he got in, he began driving off. He heard an angry female voice calling his name, coming from the outside of his car, but decided to ignore it, since it was one of Diane's tantrums that drove him sick. 

That was why he was leaving. And lately, arguing wasn't a strange to happen; the majority of the cases was because of his friendship with Joyce, which had been a problem since Diane came to his life some years ago. He was so fucking sick of having to explain himself; "Where have you been? Why did she call again for? Oh god, just leave her with her fucking boyfriend, don't interpose between their relationship." those were some of Diane's typical phrases to began an argument, and when she said that, Jim felt that a fire lit inside his chest. 

Less than fifteen minutes later, he was sat on the hood of his car, lighting his second cigarette while he waited for his best friend. Jim impatiently glanced at his wrist watch, exhaling the thick smoke of his tobacco. Several minutes after, he was about to lit another cigarette when he saw Joyce's car approach the lake by the dirty road, until she parked right next to his car. 

- Are you okay?

Joyce asked as she got out of her car, breathing fast and concerned. Usually, it wasn't him the one who called late in the night to talk about his relationship problems, but now he had, and she was really concerned about it; since Jim and Diane had been dating, he had only called her once to talk about some argument with Diane, and it wasn't about something that couldn't be forgiven. 

- Yeah- I mean, no. 

He observed all her movements, how she sat next to him, keeping the eye contact to made him understand that she was listening to him, because she cared for him. He even observed her tiny hands wrapping around her crossed arms, making him realize that it was cold outside and she had went so fast that she was only with a thin jumper instead of a warm coat. 

- ¿What happened? Tell me.

He took off his coat and slipped it over her shoulders, she thanked him with a soft smile and he began to tell her what had happened, simultaneously thinking that he clearly still had feelings for her. Jim felt hypnotized by her brown eyes, her soft hair moving in rhythm by the cold wind "Damn, she's so beautiful...". 

- ...and I left her there. I couldn't handle it anymore Joyce... That jealousy is insane. 

She looked at him warmly, with some kind of spark in her eyes, like if it was the last time they would see each other.

- I'm so sorry to hear all that Hop... 

Joyce squeezed his hand, trying to cheer him up as she looked deep into his eyes, those that were staring at hers. Hopper's eyes travelled between her eyes and her lips, realizing that maybe she was her one and only, that maybe he had been trying to stop his feelings all this time to let her be happy; even though she would never be happy with her stupid boyfriend, Lonnie.

- Don't be... I'm okay, really. 

Jim sighed, talking to her softly, clearly thinking about something else.

- Actually, Joyce, I think I've realized that Diane's not the b-best for me. I think that, maybe, it's y-

- I'm pregnant. 

Currently in 1979, Hawkins

She cautiously read the instructions from the backside of the box, she was leaning on the counter and feeling she was twenty five again. Joyce never thought she would find herself in that situation again, and honestly, she was freaking out inside.