•two•

••••••

••••••

The Arrow House, Warwickshire, 1924:

T H E faces Eleanor's family gave her were rather amusing. They looked her up and down as she talked to them, a circle around her and Pius. The siblings felt as though they were exotic animals in a zoo for their relatives to marvel at, and yet she never once looked down uncomfortably like Pius, or tried to answer them as nicely as one whose parents were abandoned.

Eleanor smiled at them, but like a girl with devilish plans would. The celebration around them was still as bright as Eleanor was supposed to be on her wedding day, but a dark storm continued to brew inside of her head, one which her brother could see.

Pius worried she'd hurt herself by trying to avenge their parents, and the chosen occasion didn't help either, but a different part of him enjoyed seeing Eleanor show these shits who they lost by being prideful pricks. He continued to sip champagne as a few of their mother's sisters talked to them.

"You do look incredibly lovely, Eleanor," a short and a chubby woman smiled at Eleanor gracefully, the blonde smiling back as she touched her hair gently not to mess up her curls before nodding her head. Pius continued to chug his champagne as the same aunt whose name he learned to be Barbara continued to speak to them as if she hadn't spent their entire lives ignoring their existence. "Wish Ruth was here to see it, of course..."

Eleanor smiled, but it was a fake smile that one, at least falser than she had been smiling at these people. Something within that sentence just clicked something inside of her, a feeling of longing and pain, and so much anger for this woman, who had abandoned her blood over something that was supposed to be accepted.

Elle could see Pius was feeling the same way from the way he clutched onto his champagne glass, his eyes going dark. She placed her hand on her brother's forearm discretely, feeling Pius relax slightly. They had to wait until she could hit their relatives with facts, she had to be nice to them for now. "I do too," she answered eventually, noticing how her father's relatives were wishing to speak to the siblings too if not for the fact that they would never stand in the same circle as Ruth's family. "What is your name again?"

Pius smiled to himself when Barbara seemed taken aback by Eleanor's straightforward question, getting uncomfortable when her relatives looked at her. Pius knew Elle knew each of their names, but it was satisfying seeing them squirm in discomfort. If they even had a little bit of decency, they'd feel bad, and even then, the Jackson siblings believed it would take them much more to make those people feel guilty.

Barbara chuckled in discomfort and took a big chug of her champagne, Eleanor's eyes pressuring for her to speak before the woman decided to walk away without a word. Elle glanced at her brother, who smiled at her with a slight nod before the other sister of their mother smiled at them, a little less nice than Barbara had been. "It's a shame you do not know our names, Eleanor," she commented bitterly as Elle stared at Patricia, the woman having been her mother's most trusted sister before she turned her back on Ruth when she needed her sister the most. "After all, we are your family."