•seven•

••••••

••••••

The Arrow House, Warwickshire, 1924:

T O M M Y decided to spend the next day out of work and instead give all of his undivided attention to Eleanor and Charlotte. Eleanor felt strange he would do such a thing, especially so soon after their honeymoon, and couldn't help but wonder whether he was feeling guilty about their conversation or just trying to make Elle change her mind by showing her how much she had to lose if she did come back to the dark side of the business.

And as Elle saw Lottie take her first steps forward, guided by Tommy as he held his daughter's tiny hands in case she'd fall, Eleanor realized that perhaps Tommy had been right. Why would she join his illegal business again when her heart leaped with so much joy in seeing Charlotte learn how to walk? And more so, to see Tommy's wide grin as he encouraged Charlotte to keep walking.

Although Charlotte was over one years old, in the past, she had struggled to pull herself up, what to say to walk. Eleanor had worried there was something wrong, but it had been Tommy to calm her down that some babies took more time than others. She knew it was true after a few weeks later Lottie finally stood on her feet, and then when she began to walk even if with her or Tommy's help.

The day was beautiful enough to be outside too. Charlotte wore a beautiful pastel pink dress, a gift of Esther for Lottie's first birthday. The little girl wore a black coat on top of that dress, her little feet put in the most expensive baby shoes Eleanor could find in England, her baby daughter's beautiful light brown hair resting underneath a warm and fluffy hat, because the weather was still cold despite the shining sun.

Eleanor sighed to herself as she walked right next to her husband, who was still slouched due to having to hold a much shorter human's little hands as she took her steps across their backyard, a beautiful garden in front of them. Elle laughed when Tommy cheered for Lottie some more, enjoying seeing two people she couldn't live without finally spend some time together. "You see, Elle? In a few weeks, she won't need my hands to run around," Tommy commented as he glanced up at his wife, who was walking alongside them with her arms hugging her body.

Eleanor mused with a mere smile on her face, watching Tommy try to let go of Lottie's hands to see whether she'd be good enough to take a step of her own. When Lottie's feet wobbled slightly, Tommy was quick to grasp onto her again, Eleanor chuckling slightly when she saw Tommy's momentary terrified expression. "I'm sure she will, my love," Elle told him calmly so Tommy then quickly picked Lottie up and into the air, the girl laughing when he threw her up and then without any worries caught her into his arms again.

Elle smiled when Tommy finally took Lottie into his arms, seemingly a bit tired of having to slouch so much to keep her walking before the family of three stopped and Eleanor turned to fix Lottie's hat, Tommy staring at his wife curiously as she focused on their daughter. "You are quiet today," he commented worriedly, aware their conversation the previous night had left Elle feeling presumably guilty.