•six•

••••••

••••••

The Shelby Parlour, Birmingham, 1924:

E L E A N O R was pissed to say the least. A few days since Tommy left on his secretive mission in London, John had tampered with Angel Changretta and cut him up almost publicly. Despite Lizzie's heartbreak her friends had done this to her man, Eleanor had to put away the female's sorrows for now even if during the past few years she had grown rather fond of a woman she used to find irritating in the past.

Elle had to blow some mind into John first because without Thomas home, she was pretty sure she was next who could kick John in his bollocks for causing Italians to walk around their yards, wishing for war.

Certainly, Polly was up for the job as well and yet during the years Elle had known John, the man listened to her more than to his aunt, and for what reason, she wasn't really sure of. Nevertheless, after leaving Lottie to sleep with the nanny Elle somehow did like, the Shelby female got into a car and had her driver drive her straight to the old and infamous Shelby parlour, the place still active and thriving.

Eleanor knew a part of her chose to come and talk to John because she missed this, but the other part, the saner one, wanted to kill John for the possibility of bringing war on his children's and her daughter's doorsteps. Elle entered the Shelby parlour and shop whilst smoking, her heels clicking loudly as she passed all the workers in the shop, all greeting her by the name of Shelby now. Elle ignored almost all of them before entering the Shelby parlour, where she found Polly sitting by the table, reading a book.

Arthur was there too, pacing by the lit fireplace impatiently, clearly aware of the news. Pius was leaning against the very same table Polly sat at, the first to notice Eleanor as she entered with a harsh glare, presumably glancing around for John. "Elle," he greeted, alarming Polly like this so the aunt raised her head up from her pages and noticed Eleanor entering, the blonde's eyes full of schemes on how to end John for possibly creating a rift between the two families.

"Why the hell is John cutting up Italians?" she accused right away, but before she could wait for Polly's answer, Eleanor noticed Pius glancing behind her. Turning around in confusion, Eleanor felt her heart roll down to her heel, but in a strangely nice way, because it was her husband, who was approaching her from behind, seemingly back from London. "You're back."

"Yes, I got back today," Tommy nodded his head, despite everything that happened in his absence, thrilled to see his wife again. Eleanor raised her hand up when he was close enough for her to touch him and placed her hand on his cheek before they shared a short quick kiss, both having missed each other despite the secrets he kept from her. "And I see you know the news already."

"Lizzie told me, of course, but it was only a matter of time I've learned about your brother's stupidity," she grumbled impatiently, noticing a freckle of amusement cross her husband's face before the doors opened once again and Finn brought in a guilty looking John. Eleanor moved to stand next to Tommy, the male touching her hand discretely to control herself as Arthur stood straight and faced their youngest brother.