CHAPTER 1

Walking down the hallway, she saw huge chandeliers floating down the ceiling, my paintings hung up on the wall with not a pinch of dust on it. Someone's arms were entangled with her in a protective manner but Sia didn't dare to turn around or rather say she was not able to do it for some reason, as if an invisible force has stiffened her neck. They didn't stop anywhere in the place which she guessed as the castle, though it looked more like a Labrinth. They didn't halt anywhere and she was having great difficulty in matching with the person's pace who was practically dragging her. Their walk came to a stop as they reached a garden.

"Welcome to the royal garden" came a voice from her side and Sia unknowingly gave the biggest smile which was seldom but it was worth was she had in front of her. She could with my lips streched wide apart, the dimples very prominent. Sia knew she was most probably looking like a clown but was too lost in the beauty to care. She wanted to speak something, but didn't know how to express it. The person beside her was standing in royal silk dresses that she had seen only in paintings.

"It's very beautiful your honour-" Sia said in a soft tone, not wanting to offend him in any way but the moment his grip on her waist tightened, she instantly got a cue to stop.

Sia sensed the easiness in her neck which she could move now. Her eyes instantaneously averted to the side where she saw a handsome man standing, his gaze already piercing through her soul. His huge palms held her thin slender shoulder and turned Sia to the other side where about hundred sunflowers bloomed.

"Call me Alarik my lady" said the guy standing in his royal clothes with  sword attached to the side. Intervening their hands again he stood behind her, supporting her soft body with his rigid and rough one. No reply came from her side, Sia was awestruck at the beauty in front of her. It was even bigger than the garden she saw sideways. Thousands of sunflower and rose bloomed and anyone could guess by a single look that they were very highly maintained. Placing a soft kiss on top of my head he came in front of me.

"Psyche as my wife and the queen of Lyren, you have to take the half responsibility of the magestic sword and rule the empire beside me" said Alarik looking at her with pride and affection in his eyes. Taking out a ring he gently placed it on her finger. The white stone beautifully glowed with sunlight reflecting on it. It was the most precious thing someone had ever gifted her, she was not used to these. She thought to thank him but didn't say anything peradventure she hadn't recovered from the shock. Sia suddenly felt concious as she sensed a sharp gaze on her face and suddenly she realised there was just emptiness in her hand to gift him in return, and he was eagerly waiting for something probably more extravagant. My head automatically went down in embarrassment. What did he exactly expect me to give him?

"Here it is your honour" came a startling voice from back and Sia quickly spun around but her eyes widened when she saw a beautiful ring in the hands of a young man who was wearing a royal dress like Alarik. She didn't know when did he come so near, she didn't feel another presence, moreover this happened when all her senses were totally alert, how could she be so careless. Muttering curses under her breath she took the ring which was totally Black but still shone in a bright and marvellous manner under the white light of the sun. But there was something about the ring that intrigued her, she was totally tantalized on the first sight only. The ring seemed to consume all darkness of the world in it. The small stone placed on top felt like a never ending loop of darkness and radiated power more than hers, it made her nauseous but ignoring the sickness growing inside the pit of her stomach, Sia took his rough palms which were half more than hers and bought her other hand near his, her fingers trembling, already intimidated by him. She released a nervous breath but the moment asia was going to put the ring, that instant everything occured in a slow motion. A sound rung in the silent air and the next moment the ring was thrown to the other side by an arrow. Sua hissed when she felt the blood oozing out of my fingers.