Chapter 11 | Unbreakable Vow

Days have worn on since the attack. I lead to the door of my room again, striving to snap the handle open. It's still locked. I have tried to push some bobby pins in an attempt to unlatch the lock, but this whole thing turns out to be a complete failure.
But anyway, why would the door be locked with no enchantments?
I bury my hands into the deep pockets of my coat to reach the enchanted coins I have been hiding all throughout my spy journey. The coins have been my only mean of communication with the DA, especially with Ethan.

"Ethan, I need you to come tonight, we have to talk."

~A.G

Tonight, I will be tying my sheets down the window for it's the only possible way.

And when I do, I will descend my way down, blinded by the darkness of the night.

It's too dark for my eyesight to note any presence when I do, yet I continue. Before my feet would touch the grass, I sense a hand slipping over my waist for support.

"Get down, don't fear a thing," Ethan's soft voice swims in my ears. Relieved, I leap to the ground,"Thanks."

Frantically, we walk out of the Malfoy's boundaries safely, my focus fixed on the sound of Ethan's footsteps.

I thought we already escaped until I realize, that's not Ethan. My tracks die, and I stand, utterly undone all owing to my absurdity.

What a stupid girl I am.

How come Ethan has got inside to reach me?

The steps shuffle over the grass to a position to face me before fading out.

"Oh, where are we going?" He says playfully.

I'm an idiot.

"Very cute, Malfoy," I speak irritably as I draw a spark of light above us.

"So it's normal for Ethan to touch your waist, you weren't angry at all," He says with the smell of fire whiskey unfurling from his mouth.

The reasonable urge to punch him right in his face is quite tough to handle.

"Are we going somewhere?" He asks.

"No..."

"You know I can expose you right away, the Dark Lord would give anything to see you. I can tell him about your betrayals-"

I interrupt,"I highly doubt that this is somehow, some kind of a threat."

He pulls away his sleeve, daringly revealing his Dark Mark. And I don't know why, but it scares me.

He lifts his hand up in the gesture to call him.

With an immediate reflex, without thinking twice, I exclaim,"Stupefy!"

He swoops frozen to the ground. His eyes are half-lidded and pale strands of his hair fall over his forehead.

This is ridiculous.

I cover his arm and levitate his body into the air. I take him with me all through the hedge maze until I see Ethan waiting from outside the gate. He seems astonished to see me levitating a dead-like person.

Sure he's astonished, who wouldn't be?

"Astoria-w-what- who's that?"he mutters nervously.

A snort comes up my throat but I stop myself from doing it.

"C'mon, I have business to do with this arse,"I scorn, later surprised of my own words.

We enter a small log building with Malfoy's body levitating in the air.