six.

CHAPTER SIX
done for good

Lucious

next day

Lucious paced around frantically. Cookie didn't come home last night, which was alarming. She wouldn't answer her phone, which was even more alarming. And Thirsty had went to check the motel and she wasn't there, which was the most alarming. Where the hell was she?

He was about to find out. "Ro, come here!"

Royalty came dashing downstairs. "What?"

"Give me your phone!" he demanded.

"Uh...why...?"

He didn't answer her. He snatched her phone and called Cookie, but she still wasn't answering. Now Lucious was really concerned. "Okay, if she's ignoring you too, something's definitely wrong."

"Who?"

"Your mother. I'm trying to figure out where she is. Do you have your aunt's number?" Lucious asked.

"Which one?"

"Either," Lucious answered before quickly taking it back. "Actually, scratch that. Candace, because I can't stand the other one."

"Yeah, I do."

Royalty called Candace, and Lucious held the phone to his ear. Candace answered the phone all chirpy. "Royalty? It's nice to hear from you!"

"It's Lucious actually."

Candace wasn't chirpy anymore. "Is there a reason why you're calling me, Lucious?"

"Do you know where Cookie is?"

"Why would I?"

"Because she told me she was going to see you," Lucious said.

"Well, yes. She did stop by, and we had a fun night out at Club Nirvana."

Lucious was a little angry. "You guys went clubbing?"

"We did. Cookie must've had the time of her life last night because she didn't come back to my place."

"Whose place did she go to?"

Candace laughed as the door opened. Cookie walked in cheerfully. "Hello, family! Not including you, Lucious."

Lucious handed Royalty her phone as he scowled at his woman. "Go upstairs, Ro. Your mother and I need to talk."

"We don't have shit to talk about," Cookie spat as Royalty rushed upstairs.

"Yes we do. Where were you?"

"I was having the time of my life."

Lucious believed it. "I bet you were, because you smell like cologne that ain't mine. What did you do?"

"Had the time of my life," Cookie simply repeated.

"You cheated?!" Lucious raged.