seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN
biggest hater of all

Lucious

next day

Cookie really broke up with Lucious. She packed her stuff and moved back in with Candace, and Lucious wasn't tripping because she and that Damon Cross weren't going to last. He'd bet money on it because what Cookie didn't understand was that she loved Lucious, and she would always love him. What ever she thought she and Damon had, it was nothing compared to what she and Lucious had. She'd realize that soon.

Lucious had called the kids downstairs because they should know why their mother wouldn't be around anymore. He hoped they wouldn't get mad at him. All he did was have Hakeem's back.

Jamal already sounded ticked off. "What's going on now?"

"Sit down. We need to talk about your mother," Lucious ordered.

Royalty sat down. "Yes we do. You guys were arguing yesterday, and I'd like to know why."

He told her why. "We were arguing because she slept with another man."

"What? She cheated?"

"According to her, it wasn't cheating because she told me she was done with me beforehand."

Hakeem wanted answers. "Who's this dude?"

"His name is Damon Cross. I don't know him."

"And how did they meet?" Hakeem asked next.

"At the club. Your mother ended up staying the night at his place, and she slept with him."

Jamal couldn't fathom this. "Are you sure that's the whole story, Dad? This doesn't sound right. Why would Ma sleep with a guy she just met? She isn't that desperate."

That was true. "You're right. She's not desperate; she's spiteful. She did it to get back at me for sleeping with Giuliana."

Royalty huffed. "Great. Giuliana tore this family apart."

Hakeem was still on Cookie's side. "That plan was stupid, Pop."

"I don't care. I got you back, and that's all that matters."

"But you lost Ma to this Damon Cross guy. How do we know he's a good man?"

"We don't."

"Well, I'm getting the feeling this guy is a clout chaser, so I want to meet him," Ro said.

Jamal agreed. "So do I. We don't need more snakes around us."

Andre looked at Lucious. "Do you think you can tell Ma to bring him over?"

Hell no. "That man isn't coming inside of my house. If y'all wanna meet him, you have to do it elsewhere. I won't be with you because I couldn't care less about who he is. I already know he and Cookie aren't gonna last, so I have nothing to worry about."

Hakeem stood up. "Damn right they're not. Ma belongs with you, not this Damon guy. We're gonna make sure you two get back together, Pop."