MARVEL's SPIDER-MAN NEW TIMES CHAPTER 1 - PETER PARKER

YEAR 2017

It all began a couple of years ago when my life changed completely on the day I gained my powers.

Hi, my name is Peter Parker. I'm a 17-year-old I go in my final year of high school, about to enter college. I'm your typical nerd at school who gets bullied, and speaking of bullying, Flash is my classmate, neighbor, and friend. You might wonder why he bullies me; the truth is, I don't know. What I do know is that deep down, he's a good person. Here comes my best friend, Harry Osborn, along with my other close friend, Gwen Stacy. She's also a nerd, but at least she has a better reputation than I do. As for Harry, he's the son of OsCorp's founder, Norman Osborn. Harry has some learning difficulties, but I always try to help him improve. I remember the day I met him; he had just turned 6 years old, 11 years ago.

It was the day Harry moved to this city and enrolled in the school back then. We are currently in MidTown High School. It was his first day, and Flash had the habit of giving a not-so-friendly welcome to new students. When I saw them bullying Harry, I quickly intervened and said,

Peter (as a child): "Stop! Leave him alone. He hasn't done anything to you."

Flash: "Do you want a piece of this, Peter?"

Harry (as a child): "Peter, you better leave. They might hurt you."

Peter: "And leave you here? No way."

I tried to stand up to Flash, but he stopped me with one hand and knocked me down. He started hitting us, but luckily, a teacher arrived just in time to save us. Flash got punished, and from that day on, he never bothered Harry again, and we started to get to know each other.

Harry and Gwen: "Hi, Peter. How are you?"

Peter: "I'm fine, and how about you?"

Gwen: "I'm doing great! I got the highest grade on a recent exam, and I'll show it to my dad since he always wants to see my records."

Harry: "I'm doing alright, Pete. It's just a normal day. Thanks for helping me with the homework yesterday. The teacher didn't scold me because I had it completed. By the way, have you found a job?"

Peter: "Actually, I have. But I'm not sure they'll accept me."

Harry: "I'll say it again: If you want to be an intern at OsCorp, just tell my father. He won't say no. In fact, we need people like you."

Peter: "Thanks, Harry, but I don't want to rely too much on you and your family, no offense."

Harry: "I've lost count of how many times you've rejected my offer, but seriously, you're always welcome here. Anyway, I have to go. My father is calling me, and I can't be late. I have some things to do."

Gwen: "I also have to go. My dad doesn't like it when I'm late; he's overprotective."

Peter: "Okay, see you later."

Speaking of work, I heard they need people to deliver newspapers. I have a bicycle, so I have everything I need. I know Uncle Ben works, but I also want to contribute to the household. I don't want to be a burden, so I'll go and ask. It pays $12 per hour, and I can deliver before and after school, so it works with my schedule. Besides, with the upcoming holidays, I'll have enough time to work if they accept me.

(Time passes)

Unfortunately, they didn't accept me. I don't know why, but their excuse was flimsy, and I think they were forced to reject me. But it's alright; there are more job opportunities. I just have to find one that accepts me. It's late now, and I have to go home because tomorrow, if I remember correctly, we're visiting one of OsCorp's laboratories where they have many genetic experiments on lizards, spiders, and other creatures. Dr. Curt Connors is in charge of the genetic animal experiments, but there was also someone else handling the genetically modified spiders. Not much is known about this person. Anyway, I should stop talking to myself and head home before Aunt May and Uncle Ben scold me, and I don't want that. I still remember the last time they scolded me; the feeling still lingers. (A few minutes later) "Aunt May, Uncle Ben, I'm sorry for being late. I was doing something."