=Year 2 (Colin and Some Comfort <3)=

(Neville giving harry the gillyweed)-3rd Person POV-

-3rd Person POV-

"Morning everyone!" A stubby woman wearing a brown coat walked through the rusty greenhouse door. "Good morning, Professor Sprout." Replied the class, Y/n looking at her shrivelled hat and grey hair. "Welcome to greenhouse three, second years!" She greeted them towards the long table they were stood around. "Today, we're going to repot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" Professor Sprout asked the class, Y/n looking at Hermione from his spot opposite Draco.

"Yes, Miss Granger." The woman pointed to Hermione as she took a deep breathe, smiling. "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is to return those who have been petrified to their origional state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." She finishes, Professor Sprout smiling. "Excellent! Ten points to Gryffindor!" She awarded, Ron and Harry smiling excitedly as Y/n smiled proudly at Hermione with mattheo, her smiling back at them.

"Now, as our Mandrakes are still babies, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours which is why I have given you each a pair of earmuffs for protection. Please put them on right away." She ordered, everyone rushing to get the grey or brown ones. Y/n snatched the grey ones between him and Draco, leaving the blond to get the bright pink ones.

He put them on with a disgusted look and looked at Y/n, the girl giving him a huge thumbs up as to say he looked fabulous. Draco smiled lightly with an eye roll as Professor Sprout continued, "Flaps tight down. And watch me closely." She told the group, everyone turning to her. "You grasp your Mandrake firmly." She slightly shook the 'stem' of the Mandrake. "You pull it sharply out of the pot." She started before looking at Y/n.

"You may want to push down your earmuffs very firmly, Ms Black." She advised, knowing about the girl's multiple head injuries, causing her to pass out easy. She turned back towards the group and harshly pulled out the Mandrake, Y/n looking at the wrinkled tree-like goblin that cried out loud in awe. She also watched as the whole class shrivelled up in their own discomfort, her only hearing it faintly so it didn't bother her.

"Got it. And now, you dunk it down into the other pot." She demonstrated as she ordered the class. "And pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm." She put handfuls of soil into the pot as Y/n, hermione and mattheo seemed to be the only one listening clearly. She jumped and yelped, causing everyone to look at her, also seeing Neville drop to the floor.

Y/n looked up in urgency towards the Professor, her looking fed up. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs!" She spoke, Draco laughing with his goons and the other Slytherins. "No ma'am, he's just fainted." Mattheo told her as Y/n nodded along. "Yes well." She started as Y/n watched her, curious. "Just leave him there." She spoke briefly, Y/n's face dropping as she, draco and Mattheo made eye contact, concerned for Neville.