six ; HORMONES

     JENNER IS ALL that's left

     A scientist who hasn't been out there, hasn't seen what they've all seen, is all that's left. He is the hope that the group had been searching for. It is disappointing and non-fulfilling after everything they did to get here. But, at least he let them in. He gave them another chance at life and Primrose has to be thankful for it. So, she submits to his request: a blood test.

     She's one of the last to do it. Most have already gone, as Luv decided he'd help Jenner to speed everything up. Daryl is in the chair beside her, getting his blood drawn by Luv while Primrose gets it done by Jenner. Sam is standing behind her chair, watching. Everyone else is quiet, too, a few whispers here and there. Jenner is quiet, too. Everyone's wary. She can tell. Sam hasn't let go of the weapon on his waist, neither has Rick or Shane. They still can't gauge what Jenner's deal is.

     Primrose notices the way Jenner's eyes keep trailing down to her stomach and the obvious frown on his face. She simply stares back at him, no emotion on her face. Asshole, she thinks. God, he knows people can get pregnant, right? Too many people have stared at her since she's gotten pregnant. Curious children, other new moms, and older, judgy women have set their eyes on her stomach, each with different intentions. Now, the men of the group stare at her like she'll sabotage their safety. The woman stare at her with pity. She knows a baby isn't the most ideal person in the apocalypse, but, god—Primrose didn't plan this! Why aren't people more understanding?

     "How far along are you?" Jenner asks, finally addressing her.

     Sam places his hand on her shoulder—a form of protection. Primrose straightens her back before answering. "Nine months."

     "She'll be giving birth anytime now," Luv interjects. Primrose can't help but smile at that small fact. She always feels giddy whenever they talk about the day.

     "Are you the father?" Jenner asks Luv.

     "No," Sam says quickly. "I am."

     Jenner looks at him and nods slowly. "Right."