Chapter 8: Midnight Sparkles And The Final Rundown

3 Days to the Journey, at night

-Princess's Chambers-

Moonlight filtered through the maroon curtains of the huge bedroom, highlighting the small figure of our princess. Owls hooted at regular intervals, and crickets chirped to a soft melody.

Sakura groaned and kicked her quilt away. She sat up tiredly on her bed, smacking the side of her head with her small palm. She sighed.

"Why can't I sleep?!" She muttered angrily, sneezing into her hand. Somehow, the visit to Freza Cave yesterday didn't do her any good. She got a mild cold, but had expertly concealed it from anyone else. She didn't want anyone to worry.

Kero and Mayii were already tucked into their small beds, snoring contentedly. Sakura shook away her sleepiness and walked to the bathroom. She cupped a small amount of cold water in her hands and washed her face. She could see the faint, rosy blush on her cheeks, a result from the sudden contact with cold water.

The Dragonyte princess stepped into her bedroom again, feeling a bit more refreshed. She changed into her thickest nightgown, tying up her long caramel hair into a simple ponytail with a cute pink hairband, that had cherry ornaments dangling from its' ends.

Sakura rubbed her hands together and slowly emerged out of the bedroom to her personal balcony. Her face became prey to the cold night air, and she shivered.

-Syaoran's Bedchambers-

Syaoran clawed his sleepless face and crawled out of his bed, landing as a heap on the floor. He rubbed his forehead, and banged the back of his head on the floor.

"Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep..." He repeated again and again, closing his eyes tightly. Actually, he can't sleep because he was worried. Sakura was been sniffling and sneezing the whole day, and he wondered of her welfare.

The Li prince rolled onto his fours, creeping out of his room into his balcony. Peering through the small carved columns of the barrier, he gaped.

Sakura giggled as the wind hugged her body, mingling with her ponytail and caressing her nightgown roughly. A faint out line of an invisible dragon with a long tail circled the princess before disappearing.

Syaoran silently jumped from his balcony to Sakura's, hugging her from behind just like Zerule did nearly a week ago. Sakura gasped and nearly screamed, but she breathed in Syaoran's scent and instantly recognized him.

"Li-kun." Sakura blushed and struggled to be free from Syaoran's grasp. The prince only tightened his hold, smirking into her hair. He would like to know why he's doing this. Any ideas?

"Let me go... onegai?" Sakura pleaded, still trying to pry Syaoran's hands from her tiny waist. Syaoran swiftly grabbed her tiny hands into his own and twirled her around, kissing the back of her palm gently. This came as a shock to both of them.

Syaoran stood up straight again and averted his eyes from Sakura's to the garden's below, blushing from his neck upwards. Sakura was close to becoming a human tomato. Silence choked the couple like an anaconda strangling its prey. Excuse the horrible metaphor (?).

"What was the dragon playing with you earlier?" Syaoran asked finally, shattering the glass of silence between the two. "Oh, that was Xenon, the dragon of the North Wind." Sakura answered, shuffling with her feet that were hidden under her nightgown. Syaoran grunted for a bit before silence fell flat on its face again. (Grrr, my stupid attempts to be funny are rubbish.)