Chapter 15: Destiny's Beginning

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we-"

"No."

"…Yet?"

"No."

"…How about now?"

"No."

Silence. Chrimzon disappointedly hung back while Jadrillix prepared another 'NO' at the tip of his tongue.

"…Maybe in five minutes?" Sakura's red soul dragon whispered meekly.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Syaoran swooped down from above with his wings and roared. Chrimzon signalled that she'd keep her mouth shut. "…Thank you." Syaoran sighed, glad that the annoying dispute between the two dragons is now over. He flew off to join Sakura at the front.

Jadrillix sniggered naughtily at Chrimzon's weak attempt at glaring. The messenger dragon's scales propped up in a gesture of threat. Jadrillix's laughter died down at he shuffled forward eagerly, trying to keep a distance between himself and the steaming Chrimzon, who was redder than any Red Rainbow Dragon.

Sakura kissed Syaoran on his cheek. "Calm down Syaoran, we'll get there soon." She smiled endearingly and smoothed the popping veins all over Syaoran's head. Aoi, who insisted on walking in front of Keroberos despite his injuries, kneeled and pinched a bit of soil.

He felt the dirt in his hands, thought, and dropped them away. Vyclae asked what's wrong from his position on Dracul. "The earth is damp. We must be near to a main water source. Since the only main water source I know is the Gywaine Falls…" Aoi's voice trailed off as he saw Cera in his real form, hovering over the group overhead. "Spinel Sun!" He gasped.

Everyone stared at him strangely. "What did he say?" Vyclae asked.

"Wasn't it 'spin the sun'?"

"…Or 'supper in a bun'?"

"No, he said 'super fun'."

"I was pretty sure that it was 'surrender and run'…"

"Maybe it was suppie-la-chan!" Chrimzon suggested cheerfully. Jadrillix sent her flying. Literally.

"That didn't make any sense, you bumbling moron." He mumbled. The rest of the party sweatdropped as a dot (a.k.a. Chrimzon) twinkled in the far horizon.

Cera ignored them all and blinked down at the half-elemental. "Oh, are you familiar with my liege, Spinel Sun-sama?" He asked, his wings flapping against the breeze. The whole gang stopped at this peculiar fact. "Spinel Sun, one of the guardians of Clow Reed, is your liege?" Vyclae asked, apparently bewildered.

"Master Clow's guardian? Foxip's leader? Wha-?" Sakura/Syaoran asked simultaneously.

Aoi explained to them monotonously. "Spinel Sun-sama is one of the three guardians of the great sorcerer Clow Reed, and is also a snow deity, a bit lower in rank against Yue-sama. We, the Snow Trekkers, mainly worship both of them in our ice temples."