5

v. Escapade.

 Escapade

✧

YOU AND AETHER RAN AS FAST AS YOU COULD, catching more Knights' attention. You should've worn a mask for this, now you were gonna get caught. You grumbled in frustration as you grabbed Aether's arm and ran faster, Aether staggered at the newfound speed.

Reaching outside the Cathedral, seeing Paimon and Venti chatting away. You took Venti's hand and made a run for it. "What happened--" Just as he was gonna finish his sentence, Knights flooded outside the Cathedral.

"Oh..." He yanked his hand out from your hold, causing you to stop for a brief moment and have Aether breathe. "I know where to go, follow me." He ran, with you having to now carry Aether because he was breathless, and Paimon sticking to you like a fly eating away a rotting corpse. Bad choice of metaphor there, apologies.

You carried on running with Venti, Knights struggling to pick up with your speed. As you turned a corner Venti saw the place he was looking for and smirked, he hurried you three along inside with him.

It was Angel's Share, a tavern popular for its wine. you heard all about it over the time you were here, but enough of that. Once you stepped inside, you couldn't help but let your guard down. Your breathing had gotten ragged for a few moments, and you stared at the wooden floor, hoping to not bring any attention to yourself and the group.

You could hear Venti ushering some words with Diluc. Yes, 'Monstadt's Most Eligible Bachelor' They say. He then grabbed your shoulders and pushed you upstairs.

Seems like you did a terrible job at "fitting in" as Venti pushed you to sit. You had put down Aether earlier to sit down, sensing his discomfort on your shoulder. He sat next to you, face still flushed from the running earlier.

Paimon had found comfort on your shoulder as she laid her head atop yours, eyes shuddering. Your breathing had gone back to ragged, as you place your arms on the table. You inhale sharp breaths as you look down the railing.

You quickly shut up though, as the door came knocking down, knights rushing in to talk to the red-haired man. They left as quickly as they came.

Venti sucked in the air and went leaping downstairs, leaving you wanting to trail behind him. You look at Aether for confirmation and he nods placing his head down for a rest. You gently take a now sleeping Paimon off your shoulder and onto your seat as you get up.