7

vii. Gales of Glory; A Beginning To The Last Of Harsh Winds

 Gales of Glory; A Beginning To The Last Of Harsh Winds

✧

SAFE TO SAY, YOU WERE NOT OKAY. The journey yesterday exhausted you. And the fact Venti was not okay didn't help you whatsoever.

"Fuck." You inhaled the air, still in bed. The sun's rays bothered you but still, you did not want to get up and close it. You turned your head to meet the right side of your room, away from the sun. Feeling it starting again.

You hated the feeling of nausea. This was probably caused by too much usage of your powers, or you spun in the air too rapidly sometime yesterday that you didn't remember and didn't want to talk about. This bed is going to eat me alive. You groaned in pain when another wave hit you.

Suddenly you heard knocks surge through your dark wooden door; "Um, may I come in?" A familiar voice, just not in a so familiar tone. "Mhm, go ahead." You heard the door creak and light came from lights inside the headquarters 'lobby'. Blue fluffy hair made your line of sight, "Ah, Hi Kaeya."

"Why do you sound so dissatisfied suddenly? Would you prefer it to be someone else?" He chuckled, ah there it was. Kaeya. "Well, I would've loved it if it were someone capable of not getting drunk after the job came through that door." He brought his hand to his heart looking as if he was shot. "Oww... You hurt my feelings" He frowned.

"That was just the beginning. There's more where that came from." He faked a shocked expression as you laughed dryly, he soon joined in. When your laugh finally came to a halt, you stared at him. Taking in his features, four-sided star-shaped pupil, vibrant blue hair in contrast with his skin, his— "Hello? Teyvat to Ms. Honorary Knight. Are you done 'observing' me?" He waved his hands around your face trying to get you out of your own world. Your face burned and you looked away once you noticed he was closer, while Kaeya laughed, taking in your face being flushed the same color as Diluc's hair. "Well, well, well. So you were observing me... how shocking."

"Alright, alright. Stop laughing." You said dryly, soon turning into a coughing fit. Kaeya looked worried and got the water you assumed Aether left in your room earlier this morning. Oh yeah, he went to do commissions...