chapter nine

You rubbed your eyes, and waved to your uncle ben goodbye before walking out and heading to the picnic place mirabel told you about. Mirabel, dolores, and camilo had been visiting you and asking if you could come over there house today but you denied everytime.

Its been a couple of days and little did you know, the arguement you and carlos had been spread out the madrigals house since, mirabel saw it and- well dolores heard it but so did tía julieta.

You didnt want to think of it, and just wanted to move on. When you finally reached the secret place, you called out for mirabel- she told you it would only be the kids going out you hope there wouldnt be carlos. And thankfully isabela opened it with a bright and welcoming smile like she always had.

"Y/n!" She beamed hugging you close, isabela had always been like a older sister and you two got along when little.

"Good thing you came here. We missed you." She recalls and only you could do is nervously laugh, not getting enough sleep you rubbed your eyes again. "I missed you all too." It wasnt a lie its just you really didnt think of them most of the time.

"Is it because of carlos? Dont worry i-" she stops hearing luisa call her from a distance "Sorry got to go, we talk later sî?" She waves and you nodded watching the flower petals leaves trails behind her. You flatten out your dress feeling 'something weird was going to happen.

"Y/n?"

You looked up to see a familiar embroried dress she waved excitedly, finally getting you out of your shell.

"Pfft- Mira!" You called running up to her as she had brought you into a hug.

"Y/n/n!"

"Glad you came here! Oh i made you something" She says joyfully as you scan the place, it was huge to say the least- and the air smelled like peace. She grabbing your hand and pulled your wrist gently "Our old bracelet is giving away so i made a new one!"

She looked so happy and excited it was too adorable! And the handy made bracelet was beautiful. It was a light shade of blue and purple and it had beautiful design on each side, with tiny colorful beads totally mirabel's style.

"Its so beautiful mirabel! Thank you" you quickly match her energy as she looked more happy. She proudly rolled her eyes and playfully fanned herself "i know, i know."

You looked tired but happy, slowly wheezing in excitement "but mira-"

"No excuses! We're just happy your here" She jumped, her curls jumping up in down also making her glases wiggle off, earning her to pull it back up and smile warmly at you.

"Your the best." You said pushing up a smile "Im lucky to have you."

She laughed but then her smile slowly turned into a nervos chuckle, rubbing her neck she exhaled.

"Carlos is here."

Your smile dropped but you try to look your best and shove the negative energy at the back of your head.

"Its fine." 'It wasnt fine at all. you thought before her refurring smile plastered on her face again.

"Lets just enjoy" She says keeping you close to her and as you repeated her words to yourself. 'I'll be fine, as long im with mirabel nothing could go wrong-

"Antonio needs help, i'll be back" she quickly says and gently tapped your shoulder "you'll be fine!" She raised her thumbs up assuring you'll be okay, it would honestly- but then i saw a familar shade of red.

-Carlos next chapter.