chapter twelve

You angerily kicked a small can as you stood inside of the abandon tree house, rambling but groaning outloud.

"Dios mio what am i suppose to do!" You whined kicking more cans out your way as your white sandals had small dirty stains on it but that went unnotice as you stare at the dirty mirror noticing every imperfection.

"Y/n?" A familiar voiced asked asked "You've been in there for a long time." You almost groan, not getting any time to rethink your life you answered instead.

"Uh yeah, fine."

"Is it carlos?"

"Uh n-no."

"I heard everything. . . carlos can be a little mean" you looked down as dolores stood at the bottom, she smiled as you sigh, you almost forgot what her abilities were when your personal issues was getting  far ahead though you were only seventeen- you climb down and brushed out the dirt on your skirt

"We should go, they're having desert" she said in a low voice, almost a whisper but you could notice she liked whatever they we're having. "Uh, sure." You just nodded along hoping to smoothen the mood. You try to walk as light as hers though her sensitive ears was better in a place like this- abit far from people.

"Its fine, walk normal" she interrupted him.

Your face scunched up before shaking his head no, you looked at her apologetic but kept walking like your on thin ice. "Hehe umm its fine on me." You said.

You seem to shrink under her gaze even at her innoceny gesture. "I can hear your heart beating- its louder than your footsteps" You felt silly on how direct she was but it was true- you just wished she wouldn't bring up.

There was pure silence after that until she whispered and made you instantly laugh. "Dont tell them it was from me, but mirabel sneaks out at night to meet a certain boy in town. Hmmph!"

You gigled as she squeaks and sit next to isabela earning you to turn your gaze upon mirabel. She waves towards you and you avoided eye contact him carlos. You knew soon enough you'll have to face it- or else live by hiding your whole life.

_________________

Sitting down your eyes widens and a smile made its way to your lips.
-the food that was laid out as dessert was your favorite!

"You okay?" Mirabel piped up from behind you "Here i got you some before camilo-"

"Thank you mirabel, im surprise you remembered my favorite!" You said with a goofy smile.

She blinked and looked at camilo for help, he smiled goofyly before shruggly and back to eating. She then gave you a nervous smile.

"Oh . . . that wasnt me."

Your smile slowly faded confused, then the sudden realization hits you- with a quick glance besides you- as your mouth made an 'O' shaped.

Oh.

"What?" Carlos mumbled, taking a bite. He looks at you like he didnt do anything wrong just earlier. "Nothing." You mumbled too, hoping he'll shut up. " . . .Lo siento. . ."

Huh?

Did he-

"What?" You asked shocked, he rolled his eyes and continued eating in complete silence. You hoped you heard it right. You know you did- you just wantes to hear it again. But you likes the quiet him- it was more. . .peaceful.

After some chattering with mirabel, hoping to move on-  Carlos was silent and focused on his food instead, sometimes you wished he was kinder.

Your eyes suddenly fell on carlos as he quietly ate his food. You didnt mind teasing and abit of a bully, but ofcourse you cant change people.

"Y/n?" He says barely a whisper, you jumped in your seat suddenly, before clearing you throat "hm?"

"You were staring." He grumbled, sending a glare "oh um. Sorry." You muttered embrassed.

So moving on.