Chapter 1)

You waited at the port for your bestie. Partner in crime, two peas in a pod, inseparable, and honestly so on. Trying to find words to fit the same phrase is hard and not in your dictionary. Her boat was late, but then again, she was coming back from Inazuma. Despite the country being closed off to traveling and trade, the boat ride there and back is still bad. Yes. You had gotten bored with waiting. You saw nothing in the distance, indicating that your bestie was no were near Liyue. Sighing, you pick up a few rocks and threw them into the ocean.

"Have to wait another day, I guess." You thought.

You then pick up a package that was sitting next to you. I was a book to give to your friend for making the trip to Liyue. She is pretty busy with family affairs and it was a shock to you when she sent a letter saying she was coming so suddenly. To say the least, you were excited and wanted to spoil her a little. No doubt that she wanted to do the same to you. You got up from the pier and made your way into the heart of Liyue. You look up at the sky and sigh. It was getting dark, and you hadn't had anything to eat since that morning. You reach into one of your pockets and opened the small bag of mora that you had saved.

"I really shouldn't have bought this book..." you mumbled to yourself.

You love your friend to pieces, but damn, is she expensive. Doesn't help that you've been doing freelance work. It's not a lot, but it's on honest pay. Probably should start doing commissions again too. When you opened the bag, it was just as you thought. Your broke ass can hardly buy yourself food. You find yourself at a grilled tiger fish stall and decide to buy yourself one. You walked over to the railing that looked over the ocean. Taking a bite out of your grilled tiger fish, you smiled to yourself. No reason in particular, but you were content. Listing to the sounds of busy vendors to the stray dogs and cats around. Honestly, you can't find a single reason to dislike the city.

Well, more like there is one reason. Your friend would constantly referred as 'stupid ginger' but you've never met the guy. Apparently he's part of the Fatui and your friend had to do business with them at one point. That's how she met the 'stupid ginger'. Other than the Fatui being here, Liyue is perfect. A gentle breeze went by and 2 figures walked below you. Since you only really know people from your friend, you recognized one figure. It was a boy named Xingqiu from a respectful guild, but you didn't seem to recognize the light blue-haired boy next to him. Perhaps you'll ask your bestie to introduce you to him.

Xingqiu seemed to notice your stare and waved up at you. Not expecting him to do that, you gave a shy sort of way back. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by the light blue-haired boy. You watched the two boys pick on each other for a minute before making their way up to you.

They are walking towards you.

What?

Nonono. This is NOT what you want. Confrontation with other human beings is a big NO with you. I mean, you don't have a problem with people, but your communication skills are garbage at best. You're still confused about how you have friends to begin with.

By the time you could think properly, Xingqiu and his unknown named friend came up to greet you properly.

"Hello there, Laura. How do you do this fine evening?" Xingqiu asked.

"Um. I'm alright. How about you two?" You asked, trying to keep composer.

"I can say the same at least. Me and my friend Chongyun over here, were just walking around and seeing the stalls. Would you care to join?"

He asked so nicely that you almost couldn't refuse. Till you remembered something your friend said,

"Xingqiu has this tone in his voice that almost makes you not want to refuse him. Kinda like keeping a child from a toy. You'll feel bad after it starts to cry and you give in."

You shake your head. "No, I wouldn't want to make it awkward. I'd just be a third wheel if anything."

"I wouldn't mind having more people tag along."

Unexpectedly, the light blue-haired boy spoke up.

"You know Xingqiu so I don't think it'll be awkward."

How do you say no?

You eventually give in, despite trying to save the little mora you did have left. The grilled tiger fish was now long eaten and soon enough, the topic of conversation turned to you.

"So I've only heard from a birdie about you. Perhaps wanna tell us about yourself." Xingqiu inquired.

I really don't want to, "Well, I'm in the adventurers' guild. Other than that, I really don't leave Liyue."

"Oh." It didn't sound disappointed but surprise.

"My bad, but I assumed you came from a clan or guild." Xingqiu apologized.

You rub the back of your neck. "No, I just know a few people, I guess."

Xingqiu nodded his head and turned to his light-haired friend.

"What do you think of her?"

If Chongyun had something in his mouth, he surely would've spit it on his friend's face.

"What do you mean?" He asked, trying to keep his composure.

Although it was a cool night, Chongyun still can't let his guard down when it comes to his emotions. Considering he still doesn't understand his Yang energy, perhaps he can ask the Geo Archon when the rite of descension takes place.

But you don't actually know this because you just met him. You're also confused by Xingqiu's question. Just stared at him, waiting for an answer.

"Well, she seems nice, no? I've only heard good things from her and let's face it, Chongyun." He paused. "I'm your only real friend."

Chongyun looked at his friend with a dumbfounded look.

"Did he really just say that?" You both thought.

Chongyun cleared his throat and looked over at his friend.

"I'm very busy exercising ghosts and protecting the citizens of Liyue."

What got your attention was 'ghost'. You're not really sure why or how you came to be so interested in them, but you have this strange fascination with them.

"Are you an exorcist? What kind of ghosts have you encountered?"