CHAPTER 8 : FROM BEST TO WORST

Noah's POV :

I was sitting on the basement floor, holding Heather's body. I called the police and Heather's family, they are on the way. The whole day was repeating inside my head, I could still hear that girl's voice and the moment Heather fall in front of me, it was replaying over and over in my head. My face was covered with dry tears and Heather's blood. Her blood was all over me but still I couldn't believe that this is all real. It felt like a nightmare which was about to be over but somewhere deep down I knew, it was not a nightmare, it was a freaking reality. I really loved Heather and now I don't know how to change that.

Police sirens and footsteps pulled me out of my thoughts and I realized that these are my last moments with Heather.

"I'll miss you and I love you, I'll not gonna let that murderer run away with this." I promised to Heather and then the police came into the scene.

"Mr., please stand up" A policeman shouted and I stood up and then they took me outside and I turned to see Heather for one last time and seeing her made me cry. I was so angry on that girl who did this to Heather and me and I'm gonna make her regret it.

I sat in an ambulance and they checked me up, there were few injuries on my body from falling down of stairs so they treated them and handed me to the policemen. I was standing near the police car when I saw Heather's body was taken out of the mall and there was a little crowd gathered to see the crime scene but I was lost.

"Hii Mr. Allen" I heard a female voice which pulled me out of my mind but I didn't replied.

"I'm Detective Lynne Smith and I'll be handling Ms. Heather Raven's murder case" She introduced herself.

"I'm Noah" I said with no emotions at all and she nodded.

"I need to ask you some stuff as you're the only eye witness in this case and also Heather's boyfriend" She said and I nodded.

"If you need time, let me know, we can postpone it because I know you went through the hell too" She said and that gave me a little relief.

"Yes, I need some time" I told her and she nodded.

"We can't leave you alone as of now so you have to come with us to Heather's house as we need to take some statements from her family too and then we will get back to you for investigation" She informed me and I mumbled an okay.

Then we went to Heather's house and that detective did her job, I was sitting on the dining table all the time, lost in my thoughts about the whole day. An hour or more passed and then detective Lynne came to me.

"Time to start" She said.

"What? Here?" I asked almost shocked as I thought they will take me to the police station.

"Do you have any problem?" She asked and I nodded.

"Okay so let's go to the police station" She said and started walking out and I followed her. As I was heading out detective stopped and thanked Heather's parents and I saw Livia staring at me and as I saw her she mouthed 'YOU BETTER WATCH BITCH' which made me confused but I shrugged it off and then I left with the detective.

It was 10 minutes drive to the police station and as we reached I saw my parents sitting there. I wanted to hug them but the detective stopped me.

"You can't go anywhere out of our sight right now, I'm sorry" She said and I nodded and waved at my parents and when they saw me, they stood to come and meet me but the policeman stopped them as they were not allowed to meet me right now. I went inside the police station with the detective and we sat in the cabin which was exactly on left side of the entrance.

"So, Mr. Noah Allen, Heather was your girlfriend right?" She started and I just mumbled a yeah and she nodded and opened a notepad and started writing down something.

"Since when?" She asked.

"Almost a year" I answered.

"Who is Heather's bestfriend?" She asked.

"Elsa, Elsa Gray" I said and she looked kinda impressed, I don't know why.

"Livia told me Heather had some popular people at college as her friends, true or false?" She asked.

"True" I answered.

"Full Names" She demanded.

"Aiden Gomez, Leo Young, Zac Hale, Mia Rose and Chloe Styles" I answered.

"You have doubt on anyone?" She asked and I shook my head and she nodded.

"How you reached in the basement?" She asked.

"I took Heather there as it was always empty and we want to enjoy cause Livia was stressed out" I said and she looked at me all confused.

"What?" I asked her.

"Why you have to take Heather to basement when Livia was stressed out?" She asked and my mind blanked out.

"I meant Heather was stressed out, I don't know from where Livia came out of my mouth, I'm sorry" I said and she nodded.

"You were dating Heather since almost a year, how come you met Livia only today?" She asked.

"Heather told me about Livia before and she didn't wanted me to meet her family" I said.

"So why she introduced you today?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Okay so, you saw anything before the murder?" She asked and I started thinking about the moments we shared before the murder.

"A pair of black heels with a snowflake silver pendent attached to the hook. It was the last thing I saw before a girl who wore that heels pushed me and I fainted." I explained and that gave a strong proof to the detective for her search.

"Okay it's enough for today, you can meet your parents and go home but one policeman will be with you till further instruction as you are the only eye witness and the suspect too, good night Mr. Allen" She informed me and I nodded.

"Good night to you too detective" I said and left the police station with my parents. I will never forget this day. It started from the best and ended on the worst. I hope Heather's murderer will soon came in lights.