𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 27

'TWO WEEKS? No. . .this can't be.' No way I was asleep for two weeks, what happened when I was asleep?

I placed both of my hands on my head in distress, I probably missed out on so much. What if we were attacked?

Ah, I don't know what to do.

I felt a hand on my back and look up to see Ciel, I couldn't bear it. I look down at my lap, disappointed in myself.

'It's alright, nothing about what happened matters anymore. Focus on the present, dear' Grell said as she kneeled near my bed frame.

____

It was an odd moment. Seeing Rei asleep like that. She looks so peaceful. But worry circled within the demons.

'Muzan-Sama!'

'Not now. . .'

It was also odd. Seeing Master in such a constant state of panic. Him sitting down on the floor with a hand on his head.

I look over to him with a blank look before looking out beyond the trees to the window of Rei's room,

'Who's that? Why is he closing the curtain? It's only daytime. . .' Kokushibou started motioning towards where I was also looking, Master shot up in a hurry and looked at the now curtained window.

His eyes clearly held panic as his hands locked on to his own hair.

We were all surprised,

'she's awake but. . .I can't. .'

'You can't. . ?' Douma questioned.

'I can't read her mind.'

_____

I guess you can say it was a calmer atmosphere now. Stress is lifted off our backs.

I was being able to walk properly and the Undertaker along with Grell decided to stay for a while. I was being treated with great respect, something I'm not very used to. It felt nice to have all the attention on me, but also sometimes uncomfortable in a sense. I can't help but feel myself being watched everywhere I go. I only feel safe when I'm with another person. I feel no need to protect myself. As to how uncomfortable I may feel I know I wouldn't be harmed. 

"[F/N]? Are you alright? Guests will be arriving soon,"

"Guests?" I don't think I was informed of what was happening.

"I don't think the master told you," Mey-rin said while lifting some plates "Some guests will be arriving two days prior to the event the young Master will be holding. Six people, so I suggest you ready yourself. They're arriving at six, it's already four" She said giggling, I laughed along with her before grabbing some sheets to make the rooms.

I had to admit I struggled a little with the little amount of time to prepare six rooms but I got it done before the guests arrived. And I'm glad that I did do it in the time I was ordered because the guests have arrived as soon as I finished the last room.

There was a sudden knock at the main door, instantly I got ready to accept the guests but when I was about to step down the stairs, Sebastian appeared behind me.

"[F/N]" his voice was deep and didn't hold any sarcasm as it would normally would, I turned around and stayed silent, waiting for him to speak.

"I want you to prepare some delicacies. For the guests." I was confused. Why? Shouldn't I be greeting the guests? Wouldn't Master be angry? I was about to speak up in protest but Sebastian shot me a harsh glare. I didn't want to make any more fuss, which concluded in me doing what he said.

I didn't want to think much of it and proceeded to the kitchen. I rolled up my sleeves and started to cook. After a few moments, Mey-rin walked into the kitchen.

"[F/N]! Where were you?! Master was furious when you weren't there to tend to the guests." I was confused and replied,

"Sebastian told me to cook for the guests before I could have a chance to greet them, I would've thought he told you," I said with a quizzical look.

Mey-rin shook her head with an equally confused look as mine. " Not at all, In fact when I tried asking him, he just told me to be quiet"

I sighed and pushed it off, he must be in some sort of bad mood. I continued to cook while Mey-rin assisted me.

"Oh, About the guests, are they happy staying here? What are their names?" I said sending a smile to Mey-rin.

She perked up with a wide smile "Oh in fact! I feel like you and the guests will get along very well!" I raised a brow. 

"Oh? why so?" She lifted the plates onto the counter.

"They're from Japan, apparently here for a trip according to the boy in black and green. And apparently, most of them are book enthusiasts!" I smiled and giggled,

"What are their names?" Mey-rin stopped for a moment as if she was trying to remember,

"uhm, I'm afraid I don't remember all of them but the boy was. . .Tanji-ro? I think?" She tried to pronounce the foreign name succeeding a little. My face went pale. So what was why Sebastian didn't let me see the guests. He must've recognised their association with me. He must've already told Ciel. which means they must've known.

"uhm, Mey-rin, darling? May you set these plates, I have something urgent that just came up" I wiped my hands on a towel before rushing out of the kitchen while on my way to the main room I bumped into Sebastian,

"[F/N]! what do you think you're doing!"

"I'm not going to let you lock me away from them just because I've associated with them. Now-"

He slapped a hand over my mouth and dragged me to a corner. I didn't make any noise but sent him a sharp glare. He simply looked back at me with an empty look before letting out a sigh.

"You may talk to them. . .But wear something else. You are now also featuring as a guest."

I couldn't understand why but I just slapped his hand away and walked away.

When I made it to my room I changed my clothes and did my hair. it was now 8 pm. The 'guests' should be down at dinner by now.